Backwindow Blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato

I'm hoping to get an Audi A2 back window blind, anyone else had one of these? I've had a quote of around £50 plus VAT anyone else had it cheaper?

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

Just had a look at accesories page, and saw the mud flaps. Has anyone got flaps fitted, and is it hard to do yourself?

I think my audi dealer said somewhere in the region of £130 to fit mudflaps-I politely said no thanks!

So £55 doesn't seem too bad.
Also, that coat hanger thingy looks cool-might get one of those too!

Just out of interest Mr Potato, why are u planning on getting a sunblind-apart from to stop the sun- I have always found that the rear screen was small enough to block out sun, and being tinted helps, and also the spoiler tends to block out bright car lights from behind.

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

Hi,

you can fit the flaps yourself, the only problem is that you have to dismantle two of the wheels ( I'm not sure anymore if it was the back or the front pair ). We got our dealer to do it right at the start and so was included in the price of the car.

Michelle&Thomas
from Ireland & Germany
1.6 FSI

Coat hanger thingy is excellent - I have a pair.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Where expecting a baby soon, and she'll/he'll be facing backwards in the back seat so we need to make sure the sun doesn't shine there! I've been to the VAG parts site as mentioned above, if you email the guy and tell him your an A2 club member he'll sort you out with 10% discount, nice. Same applies to the mudflaps!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

We've got a rear-facing child seat for our 8-week old <s>brat</s>boy and I was planning on getting a blind. In truth, it hasn't been necessary as surprisingly, the sun never seems to shine directly on the car seat because of the shape of the rear and the presence of the rear headrest (admittedly hollow). On the other hand, this could just be a reflection on the crappy weather down here on the English Riviera...[:I]

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 1.6 FSI SE with OpenSky, ECC, DIS, Isofix, ERW, Symphony II (duff), Space-Floor-Box, Winter Pack and Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy...

quote: Just had a look at accesories page, and saw the mud flaps. Has anyone got flaps fitted, and is it hard to do yourself?

kslevi,

I fitted them myself. It was quite easy, but, as Thomas says, you have to dismantel the back wheels.
I fitted them because I thought they would keep the back of my car clean, but I there's no difference.
The flaps only collect lots of snow or mud if there is any on the road...

Regards,

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive - Cobalt Blue Metallic - JVC KD-SH99RB CD/MP3/Tuner

There's definitely some good savings on that website. I quite like the look of the coat hanger and the rear sunblind - especially as they sell Audi accessories at discounted prices.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Hi Friends,
I have also mounted the rear window blind an on the rear doors two removable sun blinds (original AUDI stuff), flaps on all wheels and a removable towing knob. The rear window blinds looks got (see European Owner gallery No. 24) and also the wheel flaps are very practise in the actually snow time (not so much waste on the carbody side area).[^]

I am also use a coat hanger behind my driver seat. It also usefull.:)
How ever, the accessories are really expansive (german prices) but the quality and the mounting instructions are very good. The prices for the rear blind an the two side blinds was on every set around 99 EURO at the germans AUDI garage.

I will send in the next time some fotos from the door side blinds an the towing solution. Some A2OC members ask for them.

Best regards
ULRICH

Alu2000
2003 1.4 SE cobalt-blue with all german packages (HighTech, Advance and Style), winter pack, ABT front design, removable trailer-dock, sport-seats, complete ISOFIX, space-floor-and multibox, OpenSky, GSM an so on ...

Kslevi: I just came across the debate about mud flaps. I bought them from Audi dealer in UK - £20 if I remember, or maybe a little more. Easy to fit when the wheels are off, although I could not sort out one fastener on the back flaps. But there are plenty of other fasteners and they are well secured.
Paul
2002 TDI in silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back