Black stains from spoiler

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
Hi

Anyone suggestions for getting rid of these black stains from the spoiler. Had it for some years now. Comes off easily when washing but appears again next time it rains.

Spoiler stains left.jpg Spoiler stains right.jpg

Could this be due to water in the spoiler seeping out through the mastic that glues it to the glass?

I did search but didn't see that thread which mentions stain marks. So many thanks Colin for spotting and replying.

I haven't heard any water sloshing around but it's a simple job to drill the holes and worth doing anyway just in case and for the future.

Presumably there must be holes where the mastic is to let the water in there in the first place.

Hi Alan,

Same here no water sloshing around, and no black stains at the moment so when that happens time to drill small holes in spoiler.

Regards
Colin

I did search but didn't see that thread which mentions stain marks. So many thanks Colin for spotting and replying.

I haven't heard any water sloshing around but it's a simple job to drill the holes and worth doing anyway just in case and for the future.

Presumably there must be holes where the mastic is to let the water in there in the first place.

Yes, it is obviously better to prevent the water from getting in, but once it is in there the holes are necessary.

But running a silicone beading around the edges of the spoiler where it meets the glass is likely to prevent the water from getting in.
But You have to be very neat with it and make sure that it is the flexible type and one for external use.

Steve B

Back