Blaupunkt in A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMuffin

Hi I was wondering whether anyone can help!

I just ordered a Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, as the idea with the Symphony (see other topic) did not work out with my A2 unfortunatly.[V]
What kind of ISO-Adpter do I need to fit the Radio to the existing wiring? Does anybody know? And if so, where can I obtain such an adapter? Preferably on the web or somewhere in Germany!

Thanks guys!!:)

A2 1.4TDI Silver, still standard :(

Hi,
does the Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70 completley replace your Symphony?

A2 1.4SE Petrol, Opensky, Climate & Isofix

Well originally I was hoping to replace my existing Chorus with a Symphony II (6 CD in Dash changer) but due to technical probs that was not possible, so I now ended up buying the Hamburg CD70!

A2 1.4TDI Silver, climate control, still fairly standard :(

i don't suppose it's a chorus2 you are replacing...is it?

No unfortunatly it isn't! It is the old Chorus I! My A2 is one of the latest 2001 Models, so it came with the old radio!!

A2 1.4TDI Silver, climate control, still fairly standard :(

You don't need any adapter, just a hairpin to modify the power connector on your A2. If you need to know how, just let me know and i'll send some pictures how to do this.

Hi,

It would be nice to have the description of the connector changes here. I have my Blaupunkt (San Francisco) working, but it shuts down now and then (every two hours or so). I need to check that the connection is certainly correct. Radio can be faulty too.

Oh yes, and I needed the antenna booster from Audi-dealer. Without it the reception was really bad. Now it is quite okay.

With best regards,
Jones

6feet...Thanks some pics would really be nice as I am not exactly sure what it is ur talking about. How do u want to send them? Do u want to give them to Stuart so he can make a post on his website or do u want my e-mail??

A2 1.4TDI Silver, CC, Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, still fairly standard :(

McMuffin,

What precisely were the 'technical probs' with upgrading from 2001 Chorus to 2002 Symphony II, as I'm in the same boat?

Cheers

Jimmy

Jimmy,

There r basically 2 probs with upgrading to a Symphony from the Chorus I.
Firstly, it is a space matter. Where as u should have an extra free slot in the dashbord, the face of the climate/heater control is squared. In order for it to move down (as it would have to since the Symphony is a double DIN) its lower edges would neet to be modified. Have look urself in ur car the free bottom slot has rounded lower edges. Although I have to say that is do-able with a bit of craftsmanship.
Secondly, and probably the biggest problem is the fact that I was told serveral times that the Symphony needs the CAN-Bus to opperate. Upgrading my car to CAN-Bus would not be worth it, so I skipped that plan. Nonetheless if u shoúld have it sticking in the Symphony should not be too much of a prob, as far as I know (see Problem No.1, though). To my knowledge the CAN-Bus is a standard - in Germany that is - from later summer 2001. As before you would have to check with your dealer.

A2 1.4TDI Silver, CC, Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, still fairly standard :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back