Bluey!

Dance Vans

Hello all you good people.
I've been following this site for ages and am 2 years into A2 ownership but finally got around to sorting my first post! This is the year the old girl gets some much needed TLC so I'll be starting a project thread shortly as much for my benefit as much as others.
I've always admired the A2 since they first came out but finances and circumstances meant it wasn't until recently I got one. I wanted a diesel but my 3 mile commute made me nervous about a diesel and the death pipe put me off a FSI so I found this well speccd low mileage 1.4 petrol SE locally. The previous owner was thinning out their projects and had replaced the OSS and headlining. Refurbished the rear axle, fitted rear sensors, a questionable head unit although it has sat nav and plays DVDs and done a full service including timing belt.
Just before Christmas I almost sold it as the wife's S max broke down and we use this to tow our caravan so bought another car to replace the A2 in case it was needed for towing but after only a couple of journeys I realised I was making a terrible mistake, sold the Astra and bought a tent that will fit in the A2 should the S max break down again! 😂
Several issues have arisen over the last couple of years and I've modifications planned much of which I'll be able to resolve with this great site.
Looking forward to meeting up with you all at some socials. Hopefully something will be planned in 'gert lush' country soon 😂

Attachments

• IMG20231112114519.jpg
    IMG20231112114519.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG20231112114559.jpg
    IMG20231112114559.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG20231112114747.jpg
    IMG20231112114747.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG20231112114805.jpg
    IMG20231112114805.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG20231112115839.jpg
    IMG20231112115839.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG20231112120000.jpg
    IMG20231112120000.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG20231112114840.jpg
    IMG20231112114840.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
Hello all you good people.
I've been following this site for ages and am 2 years into A2 ownership but finally got around to sorting my first post! This is the year the old girl gets some much needed TLC so I'll be starting a project thread shortly as much for my benefit as much as others.
I've always admired the A2 since they first came out but finances and circumstances meant it wasn't until recently I got one. I wanted a diesel but my 3 mile commute made me nervous about a diesel and the death pipe put me off a FSI so I found this well speccd low mileage 1.4 petrol SE locally. The previous owner was thinning out their projects and had replaced the OSS and headlining. Refurbished the rear axle, fitted rear sensors, a questionable head unit although it has sat nav and plays DVDs and done a full service including timing belt.
Just before Christmas I almost sold it as the wife's S max broke down and we use this to tow our caravan so bought another car to replace the A2 in case it was needed for towing but after only a couple of journeys I realised I was making a terrible mistake, sold the Astra and bought a tent that will fit in the A2 should the S max break down again!
Several issues have arisen over the last couple of years and I've modifications planned much of which I'll be able to resolve with this great site.
Looking forward to meeting up with you all at some socials. Hopefully something will be planned in 'gert lush' country soon
Thats a good platform to base a project on. How do you find the flip out screen? Does all work OK?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thats a good platform to base a project on. How do you find the flip out screen? Does all work OK?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Yes it works fine just obstructs the cupholder when open. I don't think it's wired in correctly though as the sound keeps changing between which speaker it's coming out from unless the volume is turned up loud then all speakers work! 🤦🏻‍♂️ The additional buttons added on the centre console allow the head unit to be powered without the ignition being on

Back