Bolts for Front Brake dust cover/shields/plates

L162LZ

United-Kingdom
Hi All, When changing front brakes this week. I discovered the one of the disk back plates was missing completely just 3 very rusted bolt heads and small sections around them of the original plate. I've ordered some replacements from eBay (will do both sides).
Does anybody know the size of the 3 retaining bolts that hold them to the hub so I can order some stainless steel replacment bolts in advance.
Also any tips on getting the old ones out!
Cheers Dave

Hi Dave
From memory I bought M6x10 stainless and some fibre washers to try and slow down future corrosion. I also remember the splash guards themselves were aluminium ( from Poland )

Justin

If your replacement guards are steel the best option I have found is stainless screws with zinc plated mild steel washers.
If your replacement guards are aluminium mild steel zinc plated screws with an aluminium washer appear to be a good option.

Thanks for the hint 👍 The guards are steel and I ordered stainless steel bolts with flanged heads, if I need washers too I'll use galvanized ones.

Thanks for the hint 👍 The guards are steel and I ordered stainless steel bolts with flanged heads, if I need washers too I'll use galvanized ones.
I’ve found examples recently of stainless rotting mild steel so I use the washer for the stainless to attack before the splash guard.
An extra coat of paint or fitting with a dielectric grease or other corrosion inhibitor would slow things down in the absence of a washer.
I need to finish my thread on galvanic corrosion but this nobility chart helps spot and understand bad combinations

IMG_1015.jpeg

Back