Brooklands Motor Museum German Day - Sunday 1st October

Added to Calendar: 01-10-23

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Sunday 2023-10-01
Event end date: Sunday 2023-10-01
Registration ends: Saturday 2023-09-16
# Username Guest count Note
1 Teresa Teresa 2 Teresa & Gary will be attending and staying over at the Woking West Premier Inn
2 jesslamin jesslamin 2  
3 Proghound Proghound 2 Provisionally attending with Lynette but I'll definitely be there.
4 Sheila Sheila 1 Booked my Brooklands ticket and Woking West Premier Inn.
Barry2 will be keen to meet A2OC Family and friends.
5 QuattroA2 QuattroA2 1 Thank you Teresa for organizing
6 JM_A2 JM_A2 3 Will be bringing 2 A2's
7 S simon martyn 1 Thanks Teresa for stepping up to the plate.
8 Mightyleader Mightyleader 1 It’ll be my first proper social
9 Audimad Audimad 2 Looking forward to this.
10 Seb_Gurkyh Seb_Gurkyh 1 Also in Premier Inn Woking

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Huge apologies for the delay in getting registration for this up.

This is a new social for us, although a few members have been to Brooklands and have given really great feedback. On 1st October, they are holding their German Day .
From historic to modern, all German marques are invited to form a static display against the backdrop of our historic site and its Collection. Expect a wide range of cars to admire from the Porsche to VW, Audi to Mercedes-Benz - see the best examples of German engineering through the years.

With a range of Traders, food and drink outlets, and family activities – as well as Test Hill ascents, there will be something for visitors of all ages.

For anyone who needs to stay over, thankfully hotel prices seem to have dropped considerably since we first started looking at this, and going on the basis of needing good onsite parking, plus ideally a restaurant nearby, the Premier Inn Woking West looks a good bet. At time of posting it is showing a room for the 30 September as £74. it is 5.4 miles away from Brooklands and has a nice canal side location and a Beefeater Pub next door. There are other hotels closer, but at a much higher price and/or in town centers with off site parking.

To have a club stand, we will need a minimum of 5 cars and we need to confirm numbers by 17th September, hence registration closing on the 16th.

Normal museum entry tickets will be needed (They did have a slightly cheaper club rate, however these would have had to be booked and paid for as a block in June and at the moment, as a club we aren't really set up to block buy tickets for members - if we would like to attend next year, we can look to see if we can set up an ordering system via the shop)

On the day / In Advance

Adult £24.20 / £22.95
Senior/Student £23.10 / £21.95
Family (2 Adults, 3 Children) £63.25 / £59.95
Family (1 Adult, 3 Children) £39.05 / £36.95
Child £13.20 / £12.55
Under 5's go free
Brooklands Members Free
London Bus Members Free

You can book advance tickets via this link

I am really looking foward to this one as I've never been before but heard such great things.

NB: I understand that Brooklands is outside the ULEZ expansion area

Last edited:
Huge apologies for the delay in getting registration for this up.

This is a new social for us, although a few members have been to Brooklands and have given really great feedback. On 1st October, they are holding their German Day .
From historic to modern, all German marques are invited to form a static display against the backdrop of our historic site and its Collection. Expect a wide range of cars to admire from the Porsche to VW, Audi to Mercedes-Benz - see the best examples of German engineering through the years.

With a range of Traders, food and drink outlets, and family activities – as well as Test Hill ascents, there will be something for visitors of all ages.

For anyone who needs to stay over, thankfully hotel prices seem to have dropped considerably since we first started looking at this, and going on the basis of needing good onsite parking, plus ideally a restaurant nearby, the Premier Inn Woking West looks a good bet. At time of posting it is showing a room for the 30 September as £74. it is 5.4 miles away from Brooklands and has a nice canal side location and a Beefeater Pub next door. There are other hotels closer, but at a much higher price and/or in town centers with off site parking.

To have a club stand, we will need a minimum of 5 cars and we need to confirm numbers by 17th September, hence registration closing on the 16th.

Normal museum entry tickets will be needed (They did have a slightly cheaper club rate, however these would have had to be booked and paid for as a block in June and at the moment, as a club we aren't really set up to block buy tickets for members - if we would like to attend next year, we can look to see if we can set up an ordering system via the shop)

On the day / In Advance

Adult £24.20 / £22.95
Senior/Student £23.10 / £21.95
Family (2 Adults, 3 Children) £63.25 / £59.95
Family (1 Adult, 3 Children) £39.05 / £36.95
Child £13.20 / £12.55
Under 5's go free
Brooklands Members Free
London Bus Members Free

You can book advance tickets via this link

I am really looking foward to this one as I've never been before but heard such great things.

NB: I understand that at Brooklands is within the M25, it is covered by the ULEZ expansion, so please be aware of this.

Just to advise it is outside of the soon to be expanded ULEZ zone, so petrol and diesel A2s are welcome alike 😀
(Postcode KT13 0SL @ https://ulez.co.uk/ulez-postcode-checker/ )

I will be there. Look forward to meeting some of you!

Thanks
Richard

Also, to be able to go onto the Concorde at Brooklands you have to book, and it’s extra. But definitely worth it. There are numerous other aeroplanes too.

Ian

Also, to be able to go onto the Concorde at Brooklands you have to book, and it’s extra. But definitely worth it. There are numerous other aeroplanes too.

Ian
It says we can only book the Concorde experience when we get there at weekends but doesn't mention a price... 🤔

Hi all.
I will be brining my A2 and my parents will be bringing their A2.
Hopefully the addition of two cars allows us to have a club stand.
Once all is confirmed Ill be purchasing the necessary tickets.
cheers,
Joe

Hi all.
I will be brining my A2 and my parents will be bringing their A2.
Hopefully the addition of two cars allows us to have a club stand.
Once all is confirmed Ill be purchasing the necessary tickets.
cheers,
Joe
Excellent. Yes we are well in for reaching the minimum car numbers and Gary and I can always bring both of ours if needed 😀

H

Hi Teresa, I’m going to pop down with the family and happy to come down in one of our FSIs. Neither is in show condition bodywork wise but can bring a silver or red colour storm.
Ah fabulous. Please don't worry about needing to be in show condition. Mine has lots of work needed on its bodywork. A2s in all conditions are always welcome 😊

Hi Teresa,

All booked for "Battersea" amd me. Are there any plans for meeting up somewhere before going in?

Best wishes,

Simon
Yes, I'll see if I can find a suitable place to meet and have a go at convoying inn. If anyone knows the area and can suggest somewhere, that would be brilliant. Thank you 😊

Yes, I'll see if I can find a suitable place to meet and have a go at convoying inn. If anyone knows the area and can suggest somewhere, that would be brilliant. Thank you 😊
The car park be behind the Bridge Barn Beefeater could be convenient to those staying at the Premier Inn or coming from the M3. Or a good meeting point closer to the show might be the M&S or Tesco Brooklands carparks on Barnes Wallis Drive Brooklands KT13 0XF just few minutes drive away from Brooklands. As it will be a Sunday the stores will be closed until 10am but the carpark is accessible earlier. Alternatively there is a large carpark just over the road at the Brooklands Community Park & Skate Park which is built at the end of the old runway and opens from 9am.

The car park be behind the Bridge Barn Beefeater could be convenient to those staying at the Premier Inn or coming from the M3. Or a good meeting point closer to the show might be the M&S or Tesco Brooklands carparks on Barnes Wallis Drive Brooklands KT13 0XF just few minutes drive away from Brooklands. As it will be a Sunday the stores will be closed until 10am but the carpark is accessible earlier. Alternatively there is a large carpark just over the road at the Brooklands Community Park & Skate Park which is built at the end of the old runway and opens from 9am.
Thank you. I think there are only a couple of us staying over, and it is a few miles out so I think the Tesco may be best. Thank you so much 😊

Just booked the Brooklands hotel next to the museum for the Saturday night via Secret Escapes. It is £125 for the night including a buffet breakfast and get this a cream tea for two and a glass of Prosecco each. 😃

Back