Buying another car need help!

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys,

Not sure if i have this in the proper forum section, please change if it's not :)

I am thinking about selling my Seat Alhambra 2013 DSG Diesel due to ULEZ coming into force in Glasgow this summer. I am also considering buying a Golf SV DSG (euro 6) however, i'm not sure how to approach buying a car privately without seeing it and finalising the deal. The only time that i've bought a car like this was during Covid and that was the Alhambra, this was purchased from a car dealer via Autotrader, which had me a little hesitant with the whole process but was ended perfectly fine.

Is there a way to get an a car independently inspected before i buy a banger? and has anyone had a car delivered from Shiply? is it safe etc...

If anyone has any recommendations of other transport options or knows someone please let me know :)

Thanks Cammy

My 2 cents : before I travel to view a car, I pay for a report from https://www.vcheck.uk/ (no affiliation, just a happy customer) where if the car has been in an accident or was in one of the auction sites they provide photos

Hi Guys,

Not sure if i have this in the proper forum section, please change if it's not :)

I am thinking about selling my Seat Alhambra 2013 DSG Diesel due to ULEZ coming into force in Glasgow this summer. I am also considering buying a Golf SV DSG (euro 6) however, i'm not sure how to approach buying a car privately without seeing it and finalising the deal. The only time that i've bought a car like this was during Covid and that was the Alhambra, this was purchased from a car dealer via Autotrader, which had me a little hesitant with the whole process but was ended perfectly fine.

Is there a way to get an a car independently inspected before i buy a banger? and has anyone had a car delivered from Shiply? is it safe etc...

If anyone has any recommendations of other transport options or knows someone please let me know :)

Thanks Cammy
For what it’s worth, we’ve just bought a BMW 1 series for my wife through Cinch. It wasn’t the intention but it was exactly the specification she wanted, low mileage and was well priced.

The idea of buying a car i’d not even seen, let alone driven, filled me with dread. I did a lot of reading about it prior to committing but I couldn’t have been more impressed with the experience.

Back