Can this rubber mat be repaired?

rasA2

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Has anyone tried to repair the genuine rubber mat with an old one piece together?
All the other mats are in great shape

Attachments

• IMG_7431.jpeg
    IMG_7431.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
20240406_140408-COLLAGE.jpg

In the landy restoration I used cheap rubber boot liner from Lidl £7 each and a tube of Tiger Seal and sandwiched the damaged Land Rover floor cover between 2 cut to shape rubber boot liner pieces.
TIG-GG_940x.png

Weighted the whole lot down with bricks. Protect my work from the bricks with a layer of cardboard and waited until the sealant set.

Used the cardboard aided design method to make a template then I cut the rubber to shape.

107207-0632f6425a4811638fe0e77fa4ca4730.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried to repair the genuine rubber mat with an old one piece together?
All the other mats are in great shape
Afternoon,

I recall Paul @depronman achieved a rather good repair a few years ago. He found a good condition (still. Ice and think with no holes) passenger rubber mat and used a scalpel blade to remove a section large enough to to go where the drivers area had worn thin which resulted in holes like yours.

He proceeded to cut the very same shape out of the worn drivers mat and adhered the edges of the cutout into place. Think he also reinforced the join with a cut open bike cycle inner tube adhered onto the underside.

I’ll be needing to do similar in the next year as the rubber mats in the EYV A2 are extremely thin now.

Hope this helps but sure Paul will be along shortly to explain what he done better then I just did above.

Kind regards,

Tom

Afternoon,

I recall Paul @depronman achieved a rather good repair a few years ago. He found a good condition (still. Ice and think with no holes) passenger rubber mat and used a scalpel blade to remove a section large enough to to go where the drivers area had worn thin which resulted in holes like yours.

He proceeded to cut the very same shape out of the worn drivers mat and adhered the edges of the cutout into place. Think he also reinforced the join with a cut open bike cycle inner tube adhered onto the underside.

I’ll be needing to do similar in the next year as the rubber mats in the EYV A2 are extremely thin now.

Hope this helps but sure Paul will be along shortly to explain what he done better then I just did above.

Kind regards,

Tom

And it’s still in the same condition years latter and used daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rally like the bike inner tube for reinforcement. Will have to remember this fix!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Rally like the bike inner tube for reinforcement. Will have to remember this fix!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes I think that is why it’s lasted so long as there is a lot more glue area than just the edge joint
Super glue to good on rubber as well but you need the activator as well as the glue

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back