Car just died!!!!

Steven Garrity

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Help my 1.6 FSi whilst stopped at lights just died on me with lots of fuel and plenty off power in the battery and no warning lights or any other indicators of a fault.

Any help or suggestions PLEASE.

Cheers

Steven

Hi Steven, More information is needed mate. does the engine turn over? or is it stone dead? we need clues to try to help mate.

Cheers
Sarge

Well the next step is to get a scan done and see what it says, it is difficult to help in these situations as obviously not possible to see the car.

Exactly where are you in the UK?

Cheers
Sarge

Hi Sarge

Thank for the comments but I am in Sunny Edinburgh.No where near you guys.I will get it taken to a local private Audi service centre will see what they have to say will let you know in due course.

Cheers

Another possibility is the crankshaft speed sensor but you usually get some warning as the car will often cut-out when it gets hot but recover after cooling down.

Cheers Spike

Hi guys just to give an update had the AA out tonight and ouch!! cam turning but the trimming is not it is lockup with just the pulley itself turning. So will have to wait until I get it to a garage to find out the full extent of the damage.But I know that it will be painful.Will update as and when but it will be back on the road as soon as.

Again thanks for all the comments and help.

Cheers

Steven.

Back