Castrol Edge 5W-30 for A2 TDI?

A2Look

Hi guys

I have been looking around at various oils and have settled on Castrol (again)
Vehicle is to be on long life servicing, so would the 5w-30 Castrol Edge be suitable for this? A2 1.4TDI 2004 (90) Its around £49.00 for 9 litres plus £8.50 on a well known auction site!

Kind regards

Opie oils is usually a very good source of information for suitability of aftermarket oils. www.opieoils.co.uk

They also do discounts for forum members. Note no connection to seller.

Hi guys

I have been looking around at various oils and have settled on Castrol (again)
Vehicle is to be on long life servicing, so would the 5w-30 Castrol Edge be suitable for this? A2 1.4TDI 2004 (90) Its around £49.00 for 9 litres plus £8.50 on a well known auction site!

Kind regards

Hi
Yes opies site is very informative. £49.00 is the cheapest I have seen though for 9 litres of 5w-30 Edge (plus £8.50 post)

Yes the Edge 5w-30 is ideal for the A2, I have never figured out how Matt Lewis can do it for those prices... Even castrol are confused :)

Cheers

Guy

I've bought 18 litres from Matt Lewis over the last couple of years. Good price and great service. I replace after 12k or a year. Can highly recommend Castrol Edge... quality!

I think there is a special version of Castrol Edge dedicated to VW TDI engine. You can also try Shell DieselPlus VA 5W 30, it is also dedicated "special editon" for VW pump injectors engose. Use both of them seems to be ok.

or the Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 - it is also a good one.

But I never use the Long-life intervals - I exchange oil annually or after 15 000 km.
It is better for the engine because the low sap oils have not so many additives in.

The low SAPS oils have plenty of additives, but judging on the build up of sludge in engines, the engines really appreciate more frequent changes.

Cheers

Back