Central locking constantly locking the doors

h.lane

Hello all,
I'm a brand new A2 owner and I'm hoping I can find some advice here on some issues with my car. I have a 1.4tdi SE, registered in 2001 that I bought 2 months ago with 218,000 miles on the clock. I am slowly working my way through a maintenance list with the car but my priority is the central locking system.

When the car is off I can hear the mechanism re-locking very frequently, around every 30 seconds. This has resulted in me being locked out of the car once already (with key inside) and the battery being run down. A recent addition to this is the central locking has stopped working to unlock the driver's door, and the driver's window no longer works. Although, I can still operate the passenger window from the switch on the driver's door.
I am not sure if the issues with the door and the re-locking are linked. If anyone has any experience with this problem and has a fix I'd be hugely grateful.

Evening, first port of call would be to scan faults and let us know what you've got.
Use vcds clear all codes, drive the car and make a note of all the codes you have come back.
Secondly or firstly lift the passenger mat and peel carpet back, remove the silver cover with three clips (half turn). Underneath there's a vhs cassette sized module which is the cccu module that controls the locks and other things, take a photo and post it on here.

It's likely you need to get hold of a newer comfort convenience module. One ending af would be the dream

Reactions: mtl
Fantastic, thanks very much. Are you referring to an OBD scanner, and if so are there any you would recommend?

There's a free register on here someone may be one to you that can free scan? Where abouts in Cornwall are you?

Saying that it only show @dj_efk , but this is old map really, expect someone's closer now..

I'm in North Cornwall, I'll take a look at the map. Thankyou.
I've also attached a picture of the CCCU module.

I'm in North Cornwall, I'll take a look at the map. Thankyou.
I've also attached a picture of the CCCU module.
I’m around Okehampton and have full VCDS if that could be useful?
Not particularly close but closer than anyone on the list I think…

Evening, first port of call would be to scan faults and let us know what you've got.
Use vcds clear all codes, drive the car and make a note of all the codes you have come back.
Secondly or firstly lift the passenger mat and peel carpet back, remove the silver cover with three clips (half turn). Underneath there's a vhs cassette sized module which is the cccu module that controls the locks and other things, take a photo and post it on here.

It's likely you need to get hold of a newer comfort convenience module. One ending af would be the dream
Hi, I did an scan with an OBD2 scanner and got nothing back. I popped the door card off and when I press the drivers window switch I can hear the motor click, but movement.
Could that the motor be the cause?

Hi, I did an scan with an OBD2 scanner and got nothing back. I popped the door card off and when I press the drivers window switch I can hear the motor click, but movement.
Could that the motor be the cause?
An OBD2 scan may not give you the VAG specific DTCs, as the OBD2 protocol only covers the standard errors, which all manufacturers support. So anything else will either be missed, or reported incorrectly. The door controller usually reports motor failure via OBD.
Mac.

An OBD2 scan may not give you the VAG specific DTCs, as the OBD2 protocol only covers the standard errors, which all manufacturers support. So anything else will either be missed, or reported incorrectly. The door controller usually reports motor failure via OBD.
Mac.
Hi Mac,
Ok Thanks, in that case would you recommend an OBD scan?

Back