Central /West Scotland informal meet for coffee and chat?

PaulQV

All

As you know I am new to this forum and see I missed the Scotland meet in June. Hopefully without standing on anyone's toes, I wonder if anyone is interested in using the light nights or early light at Weekends for a quick get together and coffee and chat? Clearly everyone has their own schedule/family/plans and restrictions and no day or time would suit everyone.

My thinking was, jus to keep it very simple, using say a MacDonalds or Costa car park in central or West Scotland for a meet up for two hours.

Thinking of this Sunday at 9am? Or Monday /Tuesday next week at say 8pm?

Let me know if anyone interested. I would be happy even if it is two or three cars.

Regards

Paul

I'd be up for that if it was closer to the central belt rather than the west coast but unfortunately I can't make it this Sunday šŸ¤”

Yes I'm up for this. Pitch some dates and let's make it happen. I've a lot on the next few weeks but will support if I can.. thanks for the idea it's spot on ā¤ļø

Edit. Sunday this coming week isn't possible for me šŸ‘

Let me know if this is going to happen. Iā€™m off the road just now but may get it back on if we are all getting together.

MrB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd potentially be interested in this. Weekends are harder as I'm usually working but during the week I should be available in the evening . I'm based in Stonehouse so only 20mins or so from East Kilbride šŸ‘

Hello Guys

I have been trying to identify a place to meet up which has either a bar/coffee/food but most importantly toilets! I appreciate it is best to get somewhere quite central. I couldn't find anywhere with a suitable in EK. Can I suggest then The Premier inn/Beefeater at Newhouse, just off the M8 . About 14 miles from back of EK but all motorway. Just beside the Esso Petrol Station

What three words are:

shuffles.emerge.gets

So Wednesday 26th July 2023 at 8pm.

I am the ugly old person in a nice Cobalt Blue A2!

Hope some of you can make it. It doesn't matter to me if you have an A2 at all, or with you, I am looking forward to meeting people who love these unusual wee cars.

Paul

I can't this time, but the sort of area your prospective meets will be located are only just over an hour away from Dundee so I will look forward to attending on another occasion! Maybe we can look at something in the Stirling - Perth area at some point which will be very central for a fair few folk.

Have a good one on Wednesday!

I can't this time, but the sort of area your prospective meets will be located are only just over an hour away from Dundee so I will look forward to attending on another occasion! Maybe we can look at something in the Stirling - Perth area at some point which will be very central for a fair few folk.

Have a good one on Wednesday!
Robin
Sorry to miss you. Remind me, did you and your brother run the famous bakery in Dundee? The one that fed 100000 students over time!

Robin
Sorry to miss you. Remind me, did you and your brother run the famous bakery in Dundee? The one that fed 100000 students over time!
Hi Paul,

that one's not me (although I do know the all-night bakery well - a legendary institution!) - I coached beginners, coxed, drove the trailer and did most of the boat repairs for DUBC over several years when Nicola was a member at University - she had use of my own Fluidesign single scull for a few years as I wasn't hugely competitive except when sitting in the shouty end of a boat.

Robin
Did you stay over at our house in Uddingston with the rest of the starving DUBC from time to time and eat us out of house and home? I recall Nicola borrowing a Scull from someone for a while. I think she came second in Nat Champs in that? She is living in Glasgow and works as a surgeon there. No rowing as no time and one son aged 3.5 and another due in Oct.

Robin
Did you stay over at our house in Uddingston with the rest of the starving DUBC from time to time and eat us out of house and home? I recall Nicola borrowing a Scull from someone for a while. I think she came second in Nat Champs in that? She is living in Glasgow and works as a surgeon there. No rowing as no time and one son aged 3.5 and another due in Oct.
that was my boat she medalled in, although because I was always with the trailer and toolkits I never stayed over at yours - was always by Strathclyde Park itself. I did come over for a big pasta meal one night, then had to find my way back to SP through that overbridge to Bothwell services!

I hope the pasta was good! I used to cook industrial quantities , thinking, they will never finish this, and you always did! lol

Robin
I hope I am not 'outing you' on here. Nicola says she is glad you got rid of your 2CV. At least it had a 2 in it!

How many are up for this on Wednesday night ? I'm losing track of the thread with Paul and Robin bromancing on the public forum šŸ˜œ. Very cute it is too

Back