Change of Seat & trim colour

Stan H

Our other Audi is a 52 plate A4 but this question is still relevant.
I have got two front seats (Leather heated) as a TLC project for it.
The seats need some rework but I need them to be a lighter colour currently they are a golden butter colour along with the plastic trim.

The A4 trim colour is (LE) Twist beige after checking with Audi Preston where it was purchased from.

The questions I have are:

What company have you used to change the leather seat colour and how did you get a good colour match?

What have you used to change the plastic trim colour & where can you get it from?

Have both changes worn well afterwards?

Attach some images to show current colour difference.

Thanks
Stan

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_155621267_compress70.jpg
    PXL_20231118_155621267_compress70.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20231118_140723138_compress42.jpg
    PXL_20231118_140723138_compress42.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 60
Volico for the paint (you’ll need to liaise with @Rickmeister as they don’t post to the Uk- thanks Nigel/Boris!!) and furniture clinic for the leather are the go to suppliers. I’ve had excellent results with both.
Excellent, thanks.
Always better when someone has used products that give good results.
I've seen a few different leather products & videos, I think I saw a seat colour change on the forum a while back.
As you can see from the driver's seat image there is a well worn section in the seat belt bolster area that will require the most work.
Currently the A4 has fabric seats in and the driver's is near worn through on the squab edge.

I also see that many newer Audi's have all sorts of issues due to emissions and the added complexity costing thousands to repair or off the road for weeks. I'd rather spend on a 21 year old car that does everything we need it to do day in day out.
Thanks.
Stan

Thanks, that looks just the ticket for the trim panels at least.
They do a 3 can kit in primer, cleaner & sealer.
What are the next steps?
I would take some advice from members who have used this on:
How much to get for the job you want to do
Do you actually need primer and sealer....

Get that sorted and I can order and bring to the UK in December. I ask for reimbursement by PayPal friends and family then its post in teh uk to add if needed.

For the panels no need for the primer or the sealer. 4 cans should suffice of the paint perhaps even a can spare depending on how crazy you apply the paint. Note although the Volico can be used on the leather seats you will get a more durable finish with purpose made leather dye from furniture clinic.

For the panels no need for the primer or the sealer. 4 cans should suffice of the paint perhaps even a can spare depending on how crazy you apply the paint. Note although the Volico can be used on the leather seats you will get a more durable finish with purpose made leather dye from furniture clinic.
OK thanks.

For best results remove the door panels from the car. Clean the plastic of the panels with elbow grease and wipe over with a damp cloth several times to ensure the cleaner is removed. Let the panels fully dry. Mask off any cloth or chrome that is not to be recoloured. Place the panel flat on the floor then apply a dust coating to the edges of the plastic, follow this up with a dust coating of all the plastic including the edges. You can now apply a thicker top coat to all the plastics. Check the coverage and if needed apply a second coat. Before the paint dries carefully remove the masking by peeling it away from the plastic at a 45 degree angle. Leave to dry over night and refit the panels next day.

The cans are smaller than normal aerosol paints but cover extremely well.

It's just the two front seats I'm doing they came from an A4 cabriolet so just have to match the colour with the car. (Hopefully a couple of spray cans should do the job).
They are heated with lumber support, I have picked up a climate control panel with the heated switches in it for £25 in good condition, pity A2's aren't that price.

Just to reiterate. If you are painting plastics use Volico paint. If you are "painting" leather seats use the dye from furniture clinic
Noted.
Probably a can for each seat plastic trims, I'll send off a broken trim piece from the boot to get a colour match for the leather dye plus a repair kit for the driver's worn area.
Not gone to this depth of repair before so should be a good learning curve project.

Back