Cluster not showing open doors at all

SzeBen

Hello guys,

Tried to search for this problem, but the issues I found were all different a bit.

So none of the doors shows on the cluster when they are open, only the trunk visible when open. I got the 01331 error code, but no for the rest of the door for some reason.

So my question is, how can I remove the lock mechanism, and what should be done in order to repair it? Soldering etc... Don't wanna replace it.

Thanks.

Alot of info may be tied up in threads about alarms as its teh door microswitch not telling ecu that door is open. Try ssearching alarm or locks cycling or clicking etc..

Thank you for the answers! No, the cluster was a separate thing. This car that I bought has a ton of issues and very little time to figure it out by myself, but I'm also s*hitty in terms of search on google because I didn't think maybe I should search with a different word. :)

Thank you for the answers! No, the cluster was a separate thing. This car that I bought has a ton of issues and very little time to figure it out by myself, but I'm also s*hitty in terms of search on google because I didn't think maybe I should search with a different word. :)
Ignoring the impolite language, Google is usually helpful try this Google search 'a2oc door lock removal' which generates lots of helpful links, even a recent video, rear door though, by youngtimer.

Andy

Last edited:
Before looking at four failed locks there are other possibilities. How old is the battery, how good is the earth, have you removed and checked the relevant fuses? Are the connectors correct in the cluster with no damaged pins?Is the ECU and CCCU compartment damaged? Are these components dry? Corroded connectors? Do you get the "OK" after the self check on the dash?

Personally not come across 4 simultaneous failed door locks hence my suggestion to check more obvious common points.

Thank you for the answers. Will check through the mentioned components, and report back!

One thing to mention. Very rare cases, but sometimes the other side front door open status is visible for a short time period on the cluster.

Hey guys, I already tested is but didnt fixed it yet. So all micro switches are bad. :D When I have the time for this, I will update this thread with google drive link (pictures), and how to fix them. Thank you guys.

Well in that case before you do anything else GET A SECOND KEY. Hopefully you already have two keys. The reason for this is if all 4 door open microswitches have failed there is a very high chance that you will lock the key in the car. Your car may be a different specification that does not have remote locking or an alarm as standard even so a second key really is a must have.

Long Time since I updated here but I have soo many projects and this car is really low prio. So I fixed the trunk, and the two front Doors sensor. Rear Doors are still bad.

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_155042327.jpg
    PXL_20230507_155042327.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Back