Coolent Leak. Very small leak, top up every 6 weeks. A2 1.4TDI 90BHP

lynnlynn

Hi,
Can you please advise?
My car has a small coolent leak. Approx every 6 weeks I get a coolent warning at start up in the morning. I fill up the expansion bottle, to max level and car is Ok for another 6 weeks or so.
No other warnings, no high temperatures.
The car has had a cam belt replaced and water pump at the same time, regular longlife service (Service ervery 27K..!!)
Over 100K miles.
This is the only issue I have.
I suspect it is only a very small leak, as usual the garage has been unable to find anything wrong.
Would you recommend some type of Rad block solution. Example:Holts RW2GA 250ml Radweld Plus...?
I am due to do the Anti freeze soon so any tipps on this / Anti freeze recommendations etc would also be appreciared.
Thanks

I presume you've done a manual/ visual inspection of all the pipes etc to see if there are any signs of weeping?
Is the cap sealing ok?

I would get a sniff-test done on the coolant to see if the head gasket is leaking - unlikely on a TDi but you never know.

I have a 1.6FSI but have a similar issue. Looks like my hoses are leaking right at the back of the engine. I assume it's where they go into the car to attach to the heater matrix.

Worth checking all of your hose connections for leaks.

Back