Dipstick on 1.6 FSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rspecial

After owning our A2 for a few weeks I finally got round to checking the oil level. The dipstick on my 1.6 FSI is certainly a strange affair - similar to 2002 picture in the Forum pictures section, but the bit where the oil is measured is a totally different shape. Hard to describe but its kinda got lots of deep horizontal groves along the length. It seems to be a really strange way to measure the oil level.

One thing that worries me is when I insert the dipstick into the tube to measure the oil there is a lot of resistance that makes it difficult to insert the dipstick. There is almost a ratchet effect as the dipstick goes in and the dipstick seems to twist round. Is this the same on other 1.6 FSI A2's ?

- Alex

A2 1.6 FSI SE

I am not sure about the 1.6FSI, but the twisting motion is the same at my 1.4TDI. Initially I was wondering about that as well, but it seems to be fairly normal!

A2 1.4TDI Silver, CC, Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, still fairly standard :(

I've found it possibly helps to assist the twist when putting the dipstick back in. I agree the markings are not the clearest I've ever come across.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Same here on my 1.4 Tdi.

I get three identical readings, no problem...

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

No problems here, but I put some oil on it before I insert it.........(for those with dirty minds: talking about my car's dipstick!!)

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive - Cobalt Blue Metallic - JVC KD-SH99RB CD/MP3/Tuner

rspecial - please send me a picture of your dipstick! I'll put it alongside Anton's and John's in the forum photos section on my site for all to see!

2001 TDi SE, Open Sky Roof, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
Please support the A2OC & Forum: www.Audi-A2.co.uk/support.htm

Thanks for all the replies. I got the dealer to take a quick look at our A2 anyway whilst we were collecting our A4 and they said that indeed my dipstick is perfectly normal ;).

I havent got a digital camera at the mo, but should get one in the new year - I'll send a photo then.

-Alex

A2 1.6 FSI SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back