Doug Demuro wants an A2!

Cenick

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
He's bought an A class although he mentions that he really wanted an A2 but its not quite old enough yet to import to the US

Reactions: bix
Sadly the A-class has soured him on his ideas of owning a small quirky European car, so he probably won't be getting an A2.
In my totally unbiased opinion the A2 is a much better and more interesting car, so I wonder if he would have liked it given the chance.

With the sound down and captions switched on the content may still be a challenge to view for a UK audience, I would guess. A vigorous presenter of car content.

Sounds like Scotty Kilmer from youtube

I think one of the designers of it (who was an intern at the time) and is US based would be interested too when the time comes.

After watching the whole video Doug's sponsors definitely sourced a good looking car. It's built to specification and suited to the market. The engine has limited access when replacing parts just like the A2.
The interior doesn't match the quality of an A2.

My first question is who is Doug Demuro, perhaps I should get out more?
Presumably a shouty American somewhere on the “Scotty Kilmer scale” (another American on YouTube who seems to be quoted by the mainstream press fairly regularly as a car “expert” - note the speech marks)

After watching the whole video Doug's sponsors definitely sourced a good looking car. It's built to specification and suited to the market. The engine has limited access when replacing parts just like the A2.
The interior doesn't match the quality of an A2.
Try changing the starter motor or accessing the coil pack without the special Mercedes keys!

Presumably a shouty American somewhere on the “Scotty Kilmer scale” (another American on YouTube who seems to be quoted by the mainstream press fairly regularly as a car “expert” - note the speech marks)

I don't think that is very fair. It's akin to saying a British TV presenter is presumably like Piers Morgan.
It's fine not to like his presentation style or disagree with him, but no reason to be so harsh.

My first question is who is Doug Demuro, perhaps I should get out more?
Isn't he related to Hoovie, the guy who buys the cheapest supercar in the whole of the US and then catalogues the costs to fix it! I used to enjoy them but they got 'same old' after a while and Mat Armstrong (UK) is far better. At least he spanners himself and talks through how things work.

I take it the A2 was never sold in the US?

ive had the a class a few years back , they are a real pain to work on and a starter motor replacement is a days job . gearbox died before the 100k mark .

Isn't he related to Hoovie, the guy who buys the cheapest supercar in the whole of the US and then catalogues the costs to fix it! I used to enjoy them but they got 'same old' after a while and Mat Armstrong (UK) is far better. At least he spanners himself and talks through how things work.

I take it the A2 was never sold in the US?

They both worked for Jalopnik/Autotrader at the same time.
And yes the A2 was never sold in the US, or outside of Europe at all as far as I am aware.

I don't think that is very fair. It's akin to saying a British TV presenter is presumably like Piers Morgan.
It's fine not to like his presentation style or disagree with him, but no reason to be so harsh.
I was going from the above comments which eluded to the fact that his voice is annoying. Like Scotty Kilmer’s.

According to a quick Google they were never officially sold there. Did they import them at the time?
There's an Australian member on here, @gazzah, who, few years ago, had problems with the dash moulding cracking in the hot sun.
I believe a few A2s went there as a market tester. Obviously not a success ...
Here's the post:

Thread 'Replacing centre dashboard binnacle' https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/replacing-centre-dashboard-binnacle.48542/
Mac.

Back