Drivers door switch functions not working...

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've been here but I need your thoughts please. I have completed a host of jobs on my 1.4SE, including clutch, suspension, Konis, full service and both front door latches as the passenger side wouldn't lock and driver's side microswitch was not working. It all works perfectly now, but for some strange reason none of the electric windows will operate from the driver's switch pack, nor does the mirror adjustment switch work either. The window switches do not light up either with the lights on. The red alarm/lock led does not light up, and the door lock button does nothing as well. All windows function independently.
However the door lock/ latch operates perfectly from the key fob.
It seems as if no power is getting to the door control unit, but I removed the lower A-Pillar trim and the 30A fuse is fine and I'm getting 12v at the red wire on the pillar connection.
When I reconnected the main battery feed to the starter motor after changing the clutch, I angled it too high. When trying out the gears statically with the ignition on, the inertia weight on the gear-change tower touched the cable when engaging reverse. For a couple of seconds the dash lit up like a Christmas tree!
Have I cooked the door control unit? Your thought please.
Thank you, Philippe

From those symptoms, either the controller cable to the doorcard switches is not connected, or the controller is dead. Is the passenger side one OK?

From those symptoms, either the controller cable to the doorcard switches is not connected, or the controller is dead. Is the passenger side one OK?
I undid the four connectors to the module and refitted them starting with the power source one first at the front and made sure it clicked firmly in. It's fiddly to put in last. Result! All back to normal :)

Thanks for these posts guys !

I've just fixed my driver's door window issue by disconnecting and reconnecting the power source plug to the module behind the door trim card.

I thought the fault was a broken rocker switch on the drivers door window, a replacement switch (still needed) didn't fix it.

So glad I searched this forum ! ;)

Back