E10 Fuel - Rather Large Economy Hit

Evening All,

I have noticed over the last few months how bad fuel economy is on my A2 1.4 AUA using E10.

I am seeing a 30 to 50 mile impact on the tank range at the moment so have gone back to E5 Super to see if that helps.

Anyone else having this lack of joy with MPG on E10?

Evening All,

I have noticed over the last few months how bad fuel economy is on my A2 1.4 AUA using E10.

I am seeing a 30 to 50 mile impact on the tank range at the moment so have gone back to E5 Super to see if that helps.

Try a tank of 98/99 octane E5, to see a comparison. The improved mpg may well balance out the inreased cost ?
Mac.

I have been using Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains zero ethanol in my FSI
Not available,for logistics reasons) sites supplied from Scotland, North Wales, North England and Cornwall.
But pump must be marked E5

I have been using Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 contains zero ethanol in my FSI
Not available,for logistics reasons) sites supplied from Scotland, North Wales, North England and Cornwall.
But pump must be marked E5

That is good to know, and I’m going to try and remember as don’t you get tesco points @ Esso also?

Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of the increase in consumption is due to lower ambient temperatures? This applies especially for shorter trips from cold.

RAB

Evening All,

Did you use 95 RON before the introduction of E10? If you did then the drop in economy must be due to to the reduced overall calorific value of fuel due to the increased ethanol content. However if you swapped E5 98 RON for E10 then the reduced economy will be mainly due to reduced octane.
The car definitely hasn't developed a fault?

Back