ECU for 1.4 petrol?

Jim Heppy

Hello, I have a multitude of problems with the 1.4 in my 55 plate. It just intermitently cuts out, sometimes runs on 2 or 3 cycliders and lots of other running problems. we have looked at everthing we can think of and i want to try another ECU. How do iknow which which i need to get (my mate can recode it) and does anyone have one a could borrow to try as i dont want to buy one to find its something else, although we have exhausted everything else? ANy idea what i could to expect to pay for one. Thanks Jim.

I have an ECU from a 1.4 petrol that had 56k miles on the clock, Also have the CCCU/Fob from the same car plus door Lock & key.
If your friend can code the ECU.
The CCCU was made for the car with Rear electric windows, Let me know I will pm you pictures & price etc.
Cheers,
Ami

Hi Ami, Thankd for the reply. Im a resnable home mechaicbut rubish at the elrctical side of stuff. Do i need all those bits as well as the ECu?? My firend is quite capable of coding the ECU, thanks Jim.

No you dont need CCCU at all, if the problem is ECU & your friend can re code it then ECU is all you need.

However, I believe that changing ECU, DOOR & Ignition key barrel ( Maybe even the Clock Not sure ) will solve the problem and will not need coding.

I am not at all sure, but the one I have came from a 1.4 petrol with HT leads not coil pack version, not sure AUA or the other one

I've got an ECU from a 1.4 petrol with the coil packs (BBY) that was on an '05 plate. No key blade or lock barrel to go with it, just the ECU - don't know why I've even kept it really as I only have TDIs :rolleyes:. PM me if you're interested.

Reactions: Ami
Back