End of Season Meal - let us have your thoughts

What is your preference for the end of season meal (you can choose more than one)

• 12th November Fort Dunlop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19th November Fort Dunlop

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 12th November Silverstone

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • 19th November Silverstone

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Other (please add comment in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Hi, we have historically held our end of season meal at Duet restaurant at Fort Dunlop near Birmingham in November. We have had some great times there and it worked well because there is a (previously) fairly cheap Travelodge next door and we always had a great meal and service.

I have been tracking the price for the Travelodge for several months and it seems that it has gone up considerably, with the saver rate being near Β£90 at the lowest. The restaurant itself has also changed hands during the pandemic and although the last meal was god, understandably we don't get treated as well as we used to.

I have therefore been thinking of potentially cheaper options that would still be fairly central, to make it as accessible as possible, but also potentially include another activity. This is the new proposal and having discussed it within the admin team, we thought we would open a poll to see what people thought

Location - Silverstone (Premier Inn Silverstone - Approx Β£50 for 1 night saver
Meal - Green Man inn - Chef and Brewer, so good range and App ordering
Potential Additional activity - visit to Silverstone Museum

We would really be looking at either 12th or 19th November, so before we finalise and put a post up for booking on, please let us know your thoughts. You can select more than one choice if you can do either date. If you have any other suggestions or thoughts, you can select other and pop your your comments in the thread.

Thank you

Hi, we have historically held our end of season meal at Duet restaurant at Fort Dunlop near Birmingham in November. We have had some great times there and it worked well because there is a (previously) fairly cheap Travelodge next door and we always had a great meal and service.

I have been tracking the price for the Travelodge for several months and it seems that it has gone up considerably, with the saver rate being near Β£90 at the lowest. The restaurant itself has also changed hands during the pandemic and although the last meal was god, understandably we don't get treated as well as we used to.

I have therefore been thinking of potentially cheaper options that would still be fairly central, to make it as accessible as possible, but also potentially include another activity. This is the new proposal and having discussed it within the admin team, we thought we would open a poll to see what people thought

Location - Silverstone (Premier Inn Silverstone - Approx Β£50 for 1 night saver
Meal - Green Man inn - Chef and Brewer, so good range and App ordering
Potential Additional activity - visit to Silverstone Museum

We would really be looking at either 12th or 19th November, so before we finalise and put a post up for booking on, please let us know your thoughts. You can select more than one choice if you can do either date. If you have any other suggestions or thoughts, you can select other and pop your your comments in the thread.

Thank you
I'd go for that please. Duet was not quite up to it in March, good, but no cigar!
Mac.

Evening Teresa,

Voted, either dates work for me and very happy to try the menu of a new venue.

See you in November.

Kind regards,

Tom

Will be there, happy either way. Used to use the Green Man a very long time ago! The people who used to own Cussons Soap bought it as a retirement project. It then became a well known Silverstone "Watering Hole".

Best wishes,

Simon

Back