Engine manangement light on

Bazzjohn

my engine manangment light is on. took it to see what it might be and was told that it something to do with the air intake manafold. it is only allowing a short run or a long run of air through the throttle body, not adjusting as it requires to. this has an affect on the tourque. does anyone one know what i should do?

It sounds as if the MAF (air mass sensor) is at fault, but again, I am reticent to say you should do 'this' or 'that' without knowing the results of a diagnostic scan, together with the associated fault codes.

If you are anywhere near me in Manchester, then please feel free to pop in for a scan.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the offer, but i am down in surrey. I will try and get the fault codes to see if it may make more sense. Thanks once again for your help.

I sent my car to the dealers to investigate the engine management fault, found out that there is a fault with the EGR valve not operating correctly and one with the intake manifold flap not working. So now i have to rebook the car in for the faults to be repaired(+/- £450 for the EGR and £180 for the intake manifold) Is this a job that i could do myself or am i better off with dealers doing it?

The EGR valve is not really worth bothering with - a lot of people (me included) actually turn them off or down anyway.

It's your shout, but the EGR valve is not strictly speaking needed at present.

Cheers,

Mike

How do i turn the EGR valve off? and where do i find it. Also how do i reset the engine management light on the dash if the valve is off?

Last edited:
Back