Engine missing (again)

Hello all,

Had a recent change of coil pack 2 (about 2 months ago). In the last week or so the car misfires when in 4th and 5th gear but only when you push it, i.e. going up hills etc. Over about 2000 rpm. The management warning light flickers, counting to misfires, but does not stay on. Is this another coil pack or something a bit more???? Have a 1.6 fsi. Into double figures with coil packs. 52 reg. :(

How much do franchises charge these days? Also, for them to turn round and say there is nothing wrong with it. There are no independants round by me and no VAG-COM owners. (Tamworth, Staffs)

If you can habg on a couple of weeks, try to come to the curry social in Coventry, where I'll be happy to scan your car for a small contribution to club funds.

Cheers,

Mike

I'll fit stuff in as and when I can. Richard I know that you need that grab handle fitting too.

Cheers,

Mike

(He said, shamelessly hijacking another thread!!)

cylinder 1 will be on the left. Do you know how to get these things out? I think you can get them for about 20 notes. Time to give these £200 per hour mechanics a break.

thanks, yes removal is easy, use a screwdriver as a lever and pull/wiggle carefully, i just changed all my plugs just to see if it was one of those, i havn't road tested it yet but on starting the engine my revs sit at 1200 and drop slowly and the battery light is on, on the dash? need to see if this disapears after warming up:confused:
if i need a coil i'm going to gsf (local to me)they sell them for just over 20 quid:)

I've just had someone with a fault code reader to look at the diagnostics. Anyway the fact that the engine managment light was blinking did not register on it. It said there were no recorded faults. Does the warning light need to stay on to register with these things???:confused:

I've just had someone with a fault code reader to look at the diagnostics. Anyway the fact that the engine managment light was blinking did not register on it. It said there were no recorded faults. Does the warning light need to stay on to register with these things???:confused:

Ordinarily, yes, however, some readers don't read everyting either.

Cheers,

Mike

Back