engine oil problem

Camillo

My car takes about 0,5l of oil per 1000-1300km
I've replaced oil,oil filter and plugs
Everything looks ok,there is no other problems..
Is it normal??
:confused

(it's 1,6 Fsi 2004)

thanks for help

My car takes about 0,5l of oil per 1000-1300km
I've replaced oil,oil filter and plugs
Everything looks ok,there is no other problems..
Is it normal??
:confused

(it's 1,6 Fsi 2004)

thanks for help

when you say you've just changed the oil/filter, how many top ups have you done since the service? If it's just one or two, then it is possible that you are making up for oil not accounted for in priming the filter (assuming you didn't prime it).

If it's more than a couple of top ups, then check for leaks around the filter. If nothing is visible externally, it could be something more serious.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, remember when I had a Toyota and was told you could lose a litre of oil every 1000 miles, and that was normal.

Is this the case with the A2 on all engines.

Cheers
Alan

My 1.4 petrol was consuming 0.25lt -0.5lt every 600 miles, which I though was a lot but checking with Audi they said it was still in spec.

Recently the car was diagnosed with an engine temp sensor that was giving a false reading, as such the engine management thought it was running cold all the time and this was thought to be one reason for the oil use.

Its still early days to say if the oil usage has improved and to complicate things I had the car converted to yeary services and non-long life oil at the last service.

Last week I covered just over 1000 miles, and it took about the same to top up, and that was motorway and alot of a, b and single track roads in Cornwall.

alan

I dont put that much oil in a diesel. I think it must be about 100ml every 2500 miles, and the local place I take it too said you usually put lots of oil in diesel.

The only diesel i have is a 2.5 TDI caravelle that has not needed to be topped up in 40,000 miles (apart from oil changes, Engine has done about 90,000 miles)

Back