FACELIFT A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

avi

Does anyone have any info relating to the Facelift version that Autocar say is due in 2003?

My sister wants to buy an Audi A2 and I read about the facelift in the Greek version of AUTOCAR magazine (but this is probably some copy-paste from the english version). So I searched through the internet and the only page that says anything about the A2 faceifting is the following....
http://www.crash.net/motorindustrynews.asp?thisPage=8&newsid=3709
If anyone else has any other (new) information please....

I think there could be some confusion here over interpretation of the English language. Forget about “facelifts” and accept that currently A2 owners on this forum are driving around in what is technically known (by Audi) as 2003 models. If any change were due in the later part of the year 2003 (actual) then I believe it would be called a 2004 model.

It may well be that the A2 Sports and the FSI are deemed by some as 2003 models – in spite of being built in the year 2002.

Regards
John Disdale

My friend pointed this in Autocar out to me the other day. It should be said that Autocar are not the most reliable source - they've been saying for a long time the new Golf MPV would be on sale in the UK in 2002 and it seems it is still a long way off.

I think the 2003 A2 (i.e. the one availble now) is the facelifted model with the new suspension set up and larger fuel tank. I am guessing that increasing the fuel tank size was not a trivial activity - if it is why did they not put a 42l tank on from day 1?. When Audi recently facelifted the A6 the changes were similarly minor - new suspension and new engines being the main change. No change in interior and incredibly slight changed to exterior.

So would Audi do this years changes and then do a full facelift 12 months later and then phase the car out 24 months after that ?

By the way if you are buying an A2 currently in the UK the dealer can easily see if it is a 2002 or 2003 model from their on-line system. So it is possible to ensure that a 1.4 from UK stock is a 2003 model.

- Alex

A2 1.6 FSE SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back