Facts about the Becker radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

deheld

Hi,

This morning I've noticed that my Becker radio has a light sensor. It uses this sensor to adjust the display illumination to the light in the cabin.
I saw it when I turned on teh reading light and I noticed the display slowly becoming brighter. The radio is also connected to the lightswitch.

Oh, it's a Becker Mexico Pro CD

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

My Kenwood has something similar - the display gets dimmer when the car lights are turned on. I didn't discover this until after I had wired it all up...nice feature though. It is not connected to the light switch, so god knows how it works!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

ESP I believe.......the twilight zone and all that.

Photocells aren't that big these days so it could be just inside the CD slot etc

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

quote:Originally posted by runboy

ESP I believe.......the twilight zone and all that.
Photocells aren't that big these days so it could be just inside the CD slot etc

I think it's located just above the display.

How did you get over a thousand posts ?!?!?! Is this becomming the runboy forum ??

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Oh you devils-now I'll never catch Mr Disdale!!!.

If you don't reinstate my counter I'll drive at the front of the A2 convoy in my nice new Corrola.....

Stuart-did you see my post/email re the touch up kit-do you want it for the social giveaway?.

quote:Originally posted by runboy
If you don't reinstate my counter I'll drive at the front of the A2 convoy in my nice new Corrola.....

Sure, we need some canon flodder :)

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I've redone your posts - can't really remember what number it was on. I wrote it down at work so will reset it again tomorrow if my guess is wrong!

No I didn't see your post re the touch-up kit, can you fill me in? (Excuse the pun!)

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

btw, ermmm the light sensor in car stereos is nothing to do with lgiht sensors there are no light sensors in car stereos it is infact connceted to that same circuite as the car headlights so when current goes through this circuite it knows this and dimms the display, similar to how a car alarm works by detecting any current drawn from the battery (if the door is opened a courtesy light comes on this is the power it detects), i think its a yellow connection cant remeber what its called its some sort of fuse though.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

1.4TDiSE 2002, Biege interior, Brilliant Black, Concert II.

quote:Originally posted by FACtOR
ermmm the light sensor in car stereos is nothing to do with lgiht sensors there are no light sensors in car stereos

That's what I thought to. But the lights were still on and when I turned on the readinglight the radiodisplay became brighter. Sure, I know it's connected to the lightswitch, but the becker only uses this to invert the display at night (if desired).
There really is a loght sensor above the display, if the sensor is blocked (dark) the display darkens, if the sensor is illuminated (with my keychain flaslight) the display brightens. With the lightswitch in the same position.

Edit:

Eureka, I've found it !

Technical highlights

Becker Mexico Pro CD 4627

2-RDS tuner Diversity technology
DOT matrix display
D.A.S.
Radiotext
Panel light dimmer
4 High-level Line Out sockets
1 Sub/Center Line Out
LF telephone input
GAL
Optional remote control

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Stuart

I just said that I have a Halfords 3-pen chip kit in Audi metallic silver which I bought when I got my A2 but it has never been used. Pointless me keeping it so if you want it to give away at the social as a prize for cleanest A2 or something then your welcome (would have to be cleanest silver A2 though!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back