FSI Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmckie1

What is it with the new FSI engines from Volkswagen that makes them unrefined? I have read on here and in the press that the FSI engine in the A2 and in other cars it is being introduced into that it is more unrefined than the engines it replaces (I read about the Golf 1.6 FSI - assume it is the same engine as the A2 1,6 FSI).

As far as I understand it Volkswagen plan to replace many of there engines with the FSI equivalents.

Cheers,

Jamie.

I have read the same-that FSI engines are generally more unrefined than the engines they replace. However, in this months Top Gear is a review of the 2.0FSI in an A4 and the review says how quiet the engine is!. Maybe this is another example of Audi's hit-and-miss build quality?.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

I'm going for a second test drive in an FSI tomorrow. The difference being that this one is well run-in.

I'll let you know what it feels like.

My first test drive was in a 12 mile car so I did not like revving it hard. It seemed slightly pokier than the 1.4, and a different sound.

Dave

1.4SE -> 1.6SE 6 weeks and counting

I drove an FSi with about 100 miles on. It definitely went better than the 1.4, but like DaveS I didn't want to push it; after all, someone on this forum might end up owning it!

I believe the co***r sound of the engine is to do with the injection system. The common rail diesels were noisier than their predecessor; maybe someone with real technical knowledge can fill in here...

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back