Fuel flap switch disintegrated.....

B300ABT

.... can it be repaired, or does it have to be replaced?
Not sure what's happened on my partner's A2, but the fuel flap release switch in the drivers C pillar has fallen apart.
I have beside me the outer cover of the switch (the bit you press), and a piece of white plastic from behind it, but cannot see a logical (or even illogical) way of getting it back together and functioning.
Any thoughts?

Same happened to me, just buy a new one they're easy to replace. If you need to open the filler you can manually open it from inside the boot...

Thanks guys.... although I got there myself by diligent use of a piece of sellotape to hold outer cover in place until I can get a new switch.

My switch also disintegrated. Couldn't see how the button is held in place, must be missing a spring. Anyway figured out a dab of Bluetack on the left and right hand sides at the bottom of the cap keeps it very secure with enough pliabilty to push it. Now ready to apply a touch of matt black make up!

Attachments

• 20230705_063555.jpg
    20230705_063555.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
One on ebay:
Bargain! 😱

I used to buy them brand new from TPS (VAG) along with the Interior Alarm deactivation switch for between £10-12

Can't stand exploitation 😡

Thanks guys.... although I got there myself by diligent use of a piece of sellotape to hold outer cover in place until I can get a new switch.
As said available from AT, shipping via Rick, total cost £30ish.

I have noticed when an A2 part becomes NLA the price on ebay doubles.

Andy

Bargain! 😱

I used to buy them brand new from TPS (VAG) along with the Interior Alarm deactivation switch for between £10-12

Can't stand exploitation 😡
Agreed. There's a perfect hard touch headlight switch on ebay for £75, which is a fair price. £64 for a fuel flap switch is either optimistic or the seller has VERY good cash flow.

Agreed. There's a perfect hard touch headlight switch on ebay for £75, which is a fair price. £64 for a fuel flap switch is either optimistic or the seller has VERY good cash flow.
It's just greed, like £1200 for a Votex body kit that was £199 (and i probably told them about!) 😂

It's one thing charging a premium for top quality or condition and then it's up to someone if they want to pay the extra and buy it or not but I don't like the ripping people off because they know they have to have it

Unfortunately very much a sign of the post Covid shortages times. Ultimately it is up to the person buying to think it is worth while or not. Society is not going to improve.

Back