Full DIS showing Audio?

jagrs

Hi All,
I fitted the full DIS earlier this year and have just seen on another A2 that the radio station etc shows in the top segment. My retrofitted one doesn't so wondered how I can switch it on? If possible

Hi All,
I fitted the full DIS earlier this year and have just seen on another A2 that the radio station etc shows in the top segment. My retrofitted one doesn't so wondered how I can switch it on? If possible
Hi Jagrs,

The stereo is connected to the convenience CAN on A2s that don't have DIS. When fitting DIS, the stereo needs to be migrated to the infotainment CAN. Have you done this?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi All,
Afternoon Justin,

If the retrofit was completed correct then it'll just be an update to the coding on Chanel 17 (Instrument Cluster). Give me an hour and I'l come back to you as I have it documented on the Project OEM thread somewhere. Simple enough if you have access to VCDS Sir.

Edit: I see other Tom got in just ahead of me, sweet work Tom. Hopefully you've done as Tom suggests by providing the necessary CAN feeds to the correct pins. If you have done so then have a look at this link to the Project OEM thread. The information is specifically for having the navigation Page added in DIS but whilst there you will see the other options available to you for Radio:

STG 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Always assuming that you have a factory Audi head unit not an after market unit.
There’s possibly an aftermarket head unit out there that is capable of interfacing with Audis of this era, but I’ve certainly never been asked to install one. Basically, though, you’re right, Graham; this is a feature that only works with Audi head units.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Jagrs,

The stereo is connected to the convenience CAN on A2s that don't have DIS. When fitting DIS, the stereo needs to be migrated to the infotainment CAN. Have you done this?

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom,
Thanks for replying I don't think I have as I didn't touch the stereo during fitting.
Looks like I haven't done it properly.

Afternoon Justin,

If the retrofit was completed correct then it'll just be an update to the coding on Chanel 17 (Instrument Cluster). Give me an hour and I'l come back to you as I have it documented on the Project OEM thread somewhere. Simple enough if you have access to VCDS Sir.

Edit: I see other Tom got in just ahead of me, sweet work Tom. Hopefully you've done as Tom suggests by providing the necessary CAN feeds to the correct pins. If you have done so then have a look at this link to the Project OEM thread. The information is specifically for having the navigation Page added in DIS but whilst there you will see the other options available to you for Radio:

STG 17 (Instrument cluster) -> Adaptation -> Function 10 -> Channel 62

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom,
Thanks that will be very helpful once i fix the wiring issue.

Hi Tom,
Thanks that will be very helpful once i fix the wiring issue.
Hi Justin,

No problems at all, always happy to help out.

I’m confident you’re wiring issue is very quickly resolved but will let other Tom provide the answer on this topic for you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back