Halvljusautomatik

Per

Hej !

Jag har just varit i Tyskland och tagit hem en 1.6 fsi s-line 2002. Min första A2, en fantastisk bil...

Är det någon som vet om man med enkelhet kan få till så att halvljusen automatiskt tänds vid tändning ?

Har sett på något annan audiforum att man kan i princip koppla ihop röda och gröna kablar bakom reglaget. Då har man vissserligen ingen automatisk parkeringsljus men det bryr jag mig inte om.

Vet dock inte om detta gäller också A2 och hur man monterar ut ljusreglaget för att komma åt kablarna.

Mvh
Per E

Translated=
However might not be up to scratch

Hello, I've just been to Germany and brought home a 1.6 fsi s-line 2002nd My first A2, a fantastic car ... Does anyone know if by simplicity can be sure that half the lights automatically turn on if the ignition? I've seen in any other audio forum that you can basically connect the red and green wires behind the switch. Then you vissserligen no automatic parking lights but I do not care about. know not whether this also applies to A2, and how to mount the light bar to access the cables. Regards Per E

Then you vissserligen no automatic parking lights but I do not care about.
One S too many in visserligen:

Then you have certainly no automatic parking lights but I do not care about that.

I think he wants to have the lights on as soon as he starts the car as it is compulsory in Sweden to drive with lights on during the day.
Ha det bra, Per, enjoy your car!
Cheers Gumbold

Hi Gumbold,

That's right Gumbold. It's strictly so that we need to have our lights on even during the day. I keep forgetting to switch it on and it's just bothersome to switch on/off while this could be automatic.

All the best
Per

Hei. Per , velkommen i klubben.
Ser problemet , men ikke nå lengre. Jeg kjøpte min A2 1,4 bensin . Tysk privat import i 2000. Og det gikk for å venne seg til å tenne hovedlyset manuel rett efter start og av igjen etter stopp. Det kommer et kraftig PIIIIP om man glemmer at slekka. Litt risikabelt og modifiere , tror jeg . Bruker bilen hver dag og den er fantastisk:)

Hi. Per , welcom in the club. See your problem , but not any longer. I also bought my A2 1,4 benz. German private import in 2000. And it did not take long to get used to manually turn the headlights on right after start and off again after stop.It will PIIIIIP if one do not turn lights off . A bit risky I think , to modify. I still use my A2 daily , fantastic car:)

Does anyone have a Swedish A2 with headlights "done" by the dealer?
In mine the auto on headlight is not enabled using the TFL jumper in the light switch. When I disconnect the TFL jumper the light changes from dipped headlights to the parking lights.
I wonder if there was a standard way this was done in Norway and Sweden and if so does anyone have a circuit diagram of what has been changed?
I really want to restore the parking lights as they would be very useful when I stop along the side of the road in mørketid.

John

Jag är inte tillräckligt bra på svenska att fölklara... so in English:

Yes, it is possible to activate auto headlight (i.e. dipped beam / halvljus always on when the engine is running and light switch is in 0-position).
But no, it is not possible to do it using VCDS/VAG-COM - OR by just using the TFL-jumper.

An official Audi dealer should know what parts to use and be able to do it - I actually guess all the cars sold as new in FIN/SWE/NOR had this done at the official importer/dealer, not at the factory.

What I did was the following:
1) Ordered the "official VAG TFL-kit" from a Finnish web store
2) Tried to install it, but it wasn't a success because the instructions for A2 used to have wrong wire colors and/or pins (!!!)
3) The seller of the set recommended me to visit their partner car electronics workshop, who in the end managed to install the set (was kind of trial and error method...), which is now working perfectly

Dumo,

Tusen takk!
My car was done by the dealer and so I guess was done at the import stage.
I guess I am left trying to follow the wires back to the relay...
Did you ever find a wiring diagram?
If so where did you get it from?

John

John: So the problem with your car is you cannot switch on the parking lights (and only parking lights) anymore?

With the factory TFL-kit (if correctly installed!) the light switch functions in the following way if I remember correctly. I.e. TFL-kit should only affect 0-position of the light switch, so parking and dipped beam positions of the light switch function normally.
Engine not running: 0: No lights; Parking: Parking lights; Dipped beam: Parking lights
Engine running: 0: Dipped beam; Parking: Parking lights; Dipped beam: Dipped beam

Unfortunately I don't have the wiring diagram (as the original was wrong).

Dumo,

This is correct the factory (dealer) fixed headlight switch does not allow the parking lights to be switched on using the indicator stalk.
The parking lights function in the switch works.
Bretti_kevi suggested that a diode on the main light to TFL wire would fix this problem.
On my car disconnecting the TFL pin makes the parking lights come on when the switch is at 0 and the engine is started.
I thought that if nothing was connected to the TFL pin no lights should come on?

The dealer are less than helpful about diagrams and I am not sure what to do next....

John

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean - why don't you use the light switch then :). Or do you actually mean by parking lights the "German parking light" as we call it, i.e. leaving the indicator on, so that parking light for only one side (left or right) remains on?

I think that should also work, but haven't checked because that is not used in Finland.

Dumo,

Yes as in the German parking light. It does not work.
The light switch parking lights leave on the annoying alarm too. I guessed the German parking light would also leave less lights on the back and so would be much better for my battery.
Could you check and see if it works so that I have a better understanding of the wiring?

I think I will install some LED running lights on the front soon and so may just try and wind the cable run in the UK.

John

Back