Hello from a new member

OldBanger

Finally got around to saying hello , I've had membership here for yonks and occasionally call at the site - to see news updates on new A1's A2's - but finally thought it time to bite the bullet (so to speak ) and say Hi !

I bought my A2 in Dec 02, after my 79/80 Opal Kadett finally gave up the ghost (or more correctly - I got feed up of working on a it). The A2 has done me proud and paid for its self (in terms of fuel savings 12K) by 2007. Its done 112K (I bought it 1 yr old at 14K) - the previous owner was a muppet - since he/she put loads of scratches on it and also nakerd the hand break button - all within 1 year of owning it - tish. Since then very little further damage has occurred.

Its regularly serviced (ADP Motors North Yorkshire) - highly recommended 1 man team (plus young apprentice).

Its got the winter pack and climate control and a new fanggeled thing (at the time) - a CD player, but my requirements were that it come with record player , failing that - a tape player would do - which still works and keeps me happy. It came with head rests, a pop out ash tray, a lighter, diping rear mirror, and TWO , yes TWO wing mirrors. I've never used the CC since I was told it cost money :)

Its dark matalic blue with a cream/beige interior which is not easy keeping clean. I 've put higher walled tyres on - since the ride is so damn awful , but the fuel savings are worth every last pot hole. New front stabalizer - think there was a real issue with them, couple of springs (snap !) new battery last year, and two sets of tyres and brake pads,, and of course cam belt.

I drive like miss-marples - slow and steady - I am a bloke - but I prefer to tootle along, I have a second car which I rip the rrrrs out off - so no need to hurt the a2. - I want to keep it for ever and ever- its pretty sick

Best fuel eff. - Leeds to Bristol and BACK last summer - an unbelievable yet true £18 - slip streamed both ways behind lorries and the odd Toyota Pre-ARSE (just to give them dirty wind LOL). I have considered fitting a large electro-magnet to the front of the car which would allow the engine to turned off completely on motorways.

The car, now being over 10 years old, could do with a little TLC (not much) - but I think it will be time and money well spent - this year doing a couple of jobs on it - so that It may last another 10 years.

It presently has a dickey problem of beeping after being locked for 1/2 hour, eventually it stops , then starts, then stops - bit crazy.

There's that occasional rumbling in low gear when stationary from in the engine area - mainly occurs when hot - but is very intermittent.

and finally a popping/knock/loud tap from the Passenger side front suspension when going over pot holes - oh yeah and the load Whollop of a thump when going over even bigger bot holes.

Other than that - the car has done me very proud, and being a Yorkshire man - it appeals to my Tight R's nature :). Being an early adopter , who took some flac over its looks, performance, and initial cost from mates - am pretty damn smug about the car / my choice now - expect many of you are too.

so I'll Shut up now and say HELLO !

Welcome to the forum but you took your time to come on here. Yes i still get a bit of ribbing about the A2 but i just say how much is your road tax again that normally shuts them up

Phil

Welcome!
I'd say if you've never run your air-con it's probably dried out and seized up by now through lack of use!

Like Phil, if I ever get ribbed for having an A2 now instead of my fire-breathing S2, I just mention the £30/year tax disc and the 60+MPG and they soon shut up!

Back