Hello from a Newbie!

Providence

A2OC Donor
Hello everyone I've just joined up after purchasing a 1.4TDI. I found a lot of good info here before I purchased. I have bought the car spotted on another thread which was alleged to be an S-Line. It wasn't. It is an SE with red/black leather and RS4 wheels and I'm wondering if it's been lowered. Probably need to attend a social and park next to another A2!

The service history was a bit sketchy and it had a dead spot at 1400rpm. Took it to my local fixer and had a long life service, cam belt and water pump and new MAF sensor. Now she's running sweet as a nut......

All very expensive but I've loved the A2 ever since I first read about them before the UK launch. It has taken this long for them to get cheap enough for me to own one.

I came from a Smart diesel so I'm not having any problems with the ride! MPG a bit high though compared to Smart!

One question: We have a dog and would like to lock the car with the windows cracked and the alarm off. I have no manual, so I wondered if this is possible and if so how?

Congratulations - I'm sure you will love it :) The red leather is rare, and highly in demand.

... MPG a bit high though compared to Smart!

There are a lot of factors which affect MPG, probably the biggest one is the length of the journey (i.e., the engine takes a while to heat up, and while it is doing so, the car is less efficient). So lots of short journeys will result in a low mpg, and lots of long journeys with no short ones will usually give you a really good MPG. The second-most important factor is the motorway cruising speed.

One question: We have a dog and would like to lock the car with the windows cracked and the alarm off. I have no manual, so I wondered if this is possible and if so how?

Yes - the button to disable the interior alarm sensor is just above the fuel filler cap release button. (Never tried it myself).

You could probably pick up the manual from ebay, or from someone 'breaking' an A2. You can also buy one from the Audi parts department at the local Audi dealer.

Last edited:
They are great little cars and welcome to the forum. I also have a dog and he sits in the boot with the false floor removed and j have no problems with him and the alarm but i've also fitted wind deflectors which only when its windy do i have to turn the sensors off. But i never leave my dog in the car when its warm i only do this in the winter just to try to stop the car from steaming up

Phil

Back