Hello!

delta

Hi,

Thought I should introduce myself. I joined before I got my A2 and after reading lots on here I made my
decision to buy, actually it was a car advertised on the forum.
It's now been 3 months of ownership and I'm really chuffed with the little wagon.

It's a great combination of practicality, style and alot of FUN! It just makes so much sense, especially in these times of high costs.

The car is a TDI 75 SE with sports leathers, DIS, which is what I was after in a Sport, but this one came up and has obviously been a well pampered car.

I'll be watching the suspension threads esp because I really would like a little less roll and a bit less of a crashy ride, if that's possible?
Also I think a visit to Stealth will inevitable in the future ;)

Well just like to say, great forum and a late Hello!

Lewis.

Welcome - sounds like you're enjoying your A2 ownership!
Reduced crashy ride is achievable with replacing the shocks - Koni FSD is the preferred method - also do you have 16 or 17" wheels? Either way, downsizing will also help (15" is the ultimate in terms of ride "quality"), or if you don't want to do that you can consider running a slightly oversized tyre (to make a deeper sidewall) - eg. 195/50/16 if you're on 16s.

Body roll can be reduced a tad by fitting stiffer, lowered springs when you do your Koni FSDs (although that will to some extent counter some of the ride quality improvements!) and you can also fit a Whiteline Rear Anti Roll bar which you can adjust the stiffness to suit your tastes.

Thanks, yes it's going well, didn't think I could rave on about any diesel car, it's got something unique about it!

It's on 16's atm but awaiting the overdue arrival of my winter rubber from Lovetyres for my 15" pepperpots. It's been over 3 weeks now! Impatiently looking forward to see how rides with them on.

Do you think the Fsd's give a better ride than bilstein's?
The ARB sounds like fun though:)

Another newbie, hello :)

I agree with you on the whole making sense in these days of high running costs... that's exactly why I'm here (again)!

I'm also wondering about suspension... and it's kind of hard to resist the temptation of Eibach springs and Koni shocks, despite the regular's positive opinions of FSD's. I suppose then it's how much of a compromise you want, ride comfort or handling?

Keep us updated anyway :)

Back