hi my name is tom

xt500tom

hi everyone :) been thinking about buying an a2 in the next 4-5 weeks ,not sure which colour to go for i do like the sports in black but also like the storm blue is there anything to look out for thanks

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and hopefully soon to be A2ownership.

The advice I would give is to buy on condion and service history. The main thing is the cam belt. If this has not been done correctly then you can end up with a larg repair bill. If you are not after a particular engine then I would surgest test driving the different variants to seevwhat suits you as they all drive differently.

Good luck with your search

David

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and hopefully soon to be A2ownership.

The advice I would give is to buy on condion and service history. The main thing is the cam belt. If this has not been done correctly then you can end up with a larg repair bill. If you are not after a particular engine then I would surgest test driving the different variants to seevwhat suits you as they all drive differently.

Good luck with your search

David
thanks riverlad that would mean a few trips to the mainland for me not seen any here on the i.o.w, cam belt what,s the cost the change one, engine size don't want something to slow as i will be dropping down from a 2.0 lt

I think you will need patience to get what you want. As David suggests above with the newest A2's coming up 7 years old conditio/history is paramount above colour etc.

I paid about £350 for a cambelt and water pump change.

Good luck with your car searching.

Back