Honky Horn When Armed

chucknaldo

Does anybody here have the horn honk when arming the cars alarm? Is this possible to do? I had an A3 do this, not sure if possible on A2?

Thanks

I notice from your A2 write up that you have the new type steering wheel fitted. How does it look? And was it easy to fit?

Cheers,
Paul. :)

Fitment of the wheel was pretty easy it was just the wiring that needed expert help (thanks mike (Skipton01). Also the airbag warning light needed extinguishing which I did myself (YAY) with one of them USB thingies. ;) Overall I like the look and feel of the new wheel, much better than the old one anyway, but then again I like Mike's TT wheel more. :D

I dont suppose you have any pics of it?

I liked the look of the one in the new A3 i had a few weeks ago, but it was the standard dark grey type wheel.

How much did it cost for the wheel and airbag?

I have pics in the gallery. Total cost of wheel and airbag £150 (brand new) - German Ebay, sold my old un for £70. Wiring work £60. So in total £140. Nice! :D

chucknaldo said:
I have pics in the gallery. Total cost of wheel and airbag £150 (brand new) - German Ebay, sold my old un for £70. Wiring work £60. So in total £140. Nice! :D
£150 for a new wheel and airbag is an utter bargain - the bag alone would cost over £400 from a dealer!

Cheers,

Mike

Yeah I know! It was on buy it now... so I did. Ha ha. It was well packaged un all. The guy I bought it from had a couple for sale, the other was the same but had the wheel controls.

chucknaldo said:
The guy I bought it from had a couple for sale, the other was the same but had the wheel controls.
Now if you'd got that one, you could have had the multifunction for the same price, although if I am correct in thinking that you have an aftermarket stereo, you wouldn't be able to control it anyway!

Cheers,

Mike

Ah forgot to mention it was cost a little more for multi function. Anyway I was led to believe that it wouldn't work in my car so decided against that one. :confused: :( The stereo I have fitted is the regular Concert variety but have a connect2 lead coming from behind the stereo to enable connecting ipods, mp3 players etc. So are you saying I could have had multi function in my car??? :(

chucknaldo said:
Ah forgot to mention it was cost a little more for multi function. Anyway I was led to believe that it wouldn't work in my car so decided against that one. :confused: :( The stereo I have fitted is the regular Concert variety but have a connect2 lead coming from behind the stereo to enable connecting ipods, mp3 players etc. So are you saying I could have had multi function in my car??? :(
Yep!

It wouldn't have worked with the standard A2 MF controller, but with a little work, you could have had a wheel that operates like mine: full volume control, track/station control and telephone control with the Audi phone module (this can be fitted to the Concert2, not just RNS-E) and voice control too.

This last one is priceless - when I was pulled the other week for my tints, the copper wanted to know who I was talking to (yes, he could make out that I was talking to someone through the supposedly dark glass!!!).

"I was on the phone officer", I said. I could see the smile broaden as he contemplated the £60 and 3 points he was about to dish out.

It was even better when the phone rang again and I answered it without removing my hands from the wheel: "S'cuse me a second officer - I'll just take this if you don't mind!"

He was then quite interested, as his squad car required him to push a button on the central console!!!

Still got a wrist-slapping though.

Cheers,

Mike

Just found a few new s-line multifunction steering wheels on german ebay.

Around £175 delivered, not bad!
That will have to wait though, i will do the remap first.

Back