How to fit a ColorMFD ColourDIS into a standard A2 Cluster

Sidewinder

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I've recently completed this mod and I've had a go at writing a guide on how I did it.
I was inspired by @szegi21 's posts on this thread : https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/dis-upgrade.43272/ and during the install I had to work out a few things as the instructions were not very good and for a A3! 🤪
It wont be for everyone but it may help a few people, Its quite a large doc with a lot of photo's so I've put it on dropbox.

Regards
Andy

Last edited:
I've recently completed this mod and I've had a go at writing a guide on how I did it.
I was inspired by @szegi21 's posts on this thread : https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/dis-upgrade.43272/ and during the install I had to work out a few things as the instructions were not very good and for a A3! 🤪
It wont be for everyone but it may help a few people, Its quite a large doc with a lot of photo's so I've put it on google docs.

hope the link works, and it is only V0.01!

Regards
Andy
What a great guide. Thanks for producing and well done on your DIY install which looks great 😊 👍

A good guide, but please note that A2OC don't endorse this fitting guide, which could render your car undriveable. As well as electronics knowledge, you'll need diagnostic tools, coding tools and although satisfying to achieve, it is not for everyone.

Good to see Ukraine supported by such purchases though.

Evening Andy,

Thank you so much for dedicating your time to produce such an informative guide. Whilst acknowledging safety aspects and as you say not for everyone, for those of us out there with the ability and confidence to have a go then this is utterly awesome. What an amazingly generous share.

I’ve of course downloaded the file so will investigate this further in the coming months. I’ll conduct the DIS upgrade first as already have the correct DIS cluster for the new commuter and it’s so quick to complete but certainly think I’ll have one of these 3DColorMFDs before too long.

Sweet work Sir.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom,

Yes I did the DIS install first, its good to get the stalk working and I did consider using a connector out of the cluster to interface with the grey plug.

I gave up on this when I found out I didn't need the infotainmentCAN pair from the stereo, down to only 4 connections needed, I looked at using vacant pins on the green connector, but found some marked vacant on Elsawin had volts on 🤣.
I presume you may be using your faulty screen connector DIS cluster though so you'll be using the grey?

I've updated the doc with screenshots of the current configuring shell program, showing just how configurable it is, I don't know why they don't publish photo's of this on their website as I think its a great selling point.

Regards

Andy

I've updated the doc with screenshots of the current configuring shell program, showing just how configurable it is, I don't know why they don't publish photo's of this on their website as I think its a great selling point.
Afternoon Andy,

Awesome, again thank you for taking the time to offer such a great guide along with updating it for the benefit of others, which I'm sure will be utilised be a few of us.

I presume you may be using your faulty screen connector DIS cluster though so you'll be using the grey?

Fortunately, Project PDK came with a DIS cluster in the boot for me to retrofit at a later date. I'll could sacrifice this for the modification.

on top of that I have 2 further spare DIS clusters, one Revision Q for a later generation TDI (both Project 250 and OEM) and another for an earlier generation TDI which has the pad damage you mention, this damage occurred when the previous owner was conducting a LED screen swap. It should be perfect for the job so will no doubt proceed with this one first as its now worthless to anyone less for someone wishing to add either a ColorMFA or 3DColorMFD.

Thanks again for the update to the guide.

Kind regards,

Tom

It wont be for everyone but it may help a few people, Its quite a large doc with a lot of photo's so I've put it on dropbox.

Regards
Andy
Beyond me and my capabilities ( you wouldn't let me put batteries in a torch 🤣, maybe one day) but great How to. 👍

WoW ....yes i watched the file how to do...i do have knowledge about electronic, soldering...but i think that its a difficult job...but maybe one day i will do on my A2

Back