How to remove this panel?

rasA2

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Guys any idea on how to remove this side panel? I started at the top but looks like it’s not good idea. I want to clean behind it
IMG_7359.jpeg

Have a read here, you need to remove the false floor hardware to start with.
Mac.

Have a read here, you need to remove the false floor hardware to start with.
Mac.

Thanks for the link I'm not sure I have explained myself clearly, its the long thin black plastic panel from either side of the tail lights up to and past the gas struts its a very long so i dont want to damage it.

I would try taking out the back light to look for fasteners. Not clear on 7zap site here;

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/8/853-853000/

You're almost there so it will be something small.
Thanks i did start to pop off what sounded like a few clips right at the top near the wiring loom but then had to stop as i did not what to keep trying in case i broke it
On the link you supplied its https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/8/853-853000/#3 described as 'cover for weather strip'

I hope I'm posting in time but it's very easy to break one of the clips and very easy to lose another down inside the body. I have posting - let me find it.
EDIT: Here is the rear part by the tailgate. I only need to pull it away. I think you will need to remove the seats to completely remove the panel

EDIT 2 and reinstalling

Last edited:
I’d leave it where it is. It’s very brittle and likely to crack if you try lifting it (talking from experience).
i might have to however i can see a lot of gunk behind there i think the previous owners must have parked under a tree. Might have a go with the pressure washer instead if i dont find a proper instructions to remove it

Screenshot_20240330_203458_DuckDuckGo.jpg
There aren't many decent diagrams for that part.

There will be someone who knows how. I've not attempted to remove that part of the weather stripping as I was concerned I might damage it.
Jet washing behind it sounds safer

Back