Howdy doody - new (to me) A2

hoona6

Collected today. 1.4 petrol 2002 50K

When I got back, I checked the battery and wheel change accessories well (you'll see why) to find at least a couple of pints of water in there :eek: - just drying out now. I'm hoping that this is from where the garage have been over-enthusiastic with the steam cleaning but could this be symptomatic of something more concerning? A known issue perhaps?

Secondly there's a knocking in neutral, 1st and 2nd. I'm hoping it's trim rattling and in fact when I put my ear to the bonnet it doesn't seem to be coming from there. Again any suggestions gladly welcomed.

Otherwise it rides well, is quiet and will sit happily at 80mph (on a closed road officer). It doesn't feel anywhere near as strong as my old 1.4 Renault Clio which surprises me but that may be due to the fact that I think it could do with a service - booked in for Tuesday.

Pip Pip.

Oh and mine milk and 1 large sugar ta ;)

Welcome to A2 ownership and A2oc. I hope you find the enjoyment that just seems to keep coming from these little cars. I'm sure you will iron out any problems you find with your new car as most problems have been fixed over the years that a2oc has been running.
It would be great to see you and your car at some of our socials--next weekend is Audis in the park august 12. Details are in the social section.
cheers mike

Back