HVAC fan not working after CCCU change

MarkTC

I recently changed my CCCU from old defunct Q model to AF model with new fob. Used car for first time a few days ago after 10 week break and vent fan not working. Fuse OK but bars on the AC panel light up then shut down after a few seconds with no fan movement.

I have read a few threads, removed the glovebox and got access to feel the fan. Feels stiff but moves. Before I break my back trying to remove the fan any views on whether this could be connected to the change of CCCU?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I'm not sure the CCCU has anything to do with controlling the car's HVAC, that's what the climate panel is for. Just coincidence I think, the break in usage over the cold weather has probaby done for the fan if it was already on the rough/sticky side. You could try spraying some lubricant in there as close to the bearings as you can get in the hope that some of it gets where it needs to go.

Try banging under the glovebox with the palm of your hand, that's how I start the one in Mr grey!
Audi A1 (and associated vehicles no doubt) motors are apparently the same

Thanks to all for views.

Managed to get the blower out, doused it in WD40 and spun it with electric drill. Now rebuilt and working great. Just need to fix my back now.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Back