I bought the cheapest(?) A2 in Norway...

AndreasR

Norway
So nice to see a forum that's still active and helpful. I've been a long time member of the VW Audi Club in Norway, and sadly the forums are slowly dying. Happy to see this community still lives. Anyway, always been intrigued by the A2, and decided it was time to own one.

These days many A2s are being scrapped when failing EU-control (MOT), so numbers are going down. This car was listed for a long while, which is understandable considering the condition ๐Ÿ˜… I picked it up for 4500 NOK, which is the same as 375 pounds. In Norway you can get 3000 NOK to scrap the car so was a close call, but the former owner wanted it to be saved rather than scrapped.

1.4 petrol (AUA) that just passed 300.000 kms (around 187.000 miles), and not really a well-maintained car to be honest. But I like to think it should live on.

EBE36E0C-537A-4969-BAD1-92C20D8B5BDA.jpeg.9cdab201fa68f6bb17c0c5e32b20ddc4.jpeg

F6B9DA8E-9236-4D3D-AD4D-9E702092FF4C.jpeg.13f8702383f28443c0ec02309e62a849.jpeg

It has quite a few known issues that I'll be adressing, such as water leaks and misfires, and also needs a general going through all around. Needs a large service, middle and rear exhaust is leaking, some small knocks in the suspension, sticking thermostat, interior smells a little funky due to water leaks and so on..

Plan is to get this car road worthy within one year, I also have a 1987 Audi 100 that I'm hoping to finish this winter after being off the road since 2010 ๐Ÿ™‚

7867075C-858C-420C-AEFD-F7E44DBC3A12.jpeg.bbc0254577e1fd815d7eef5c3468431b.jpeg

Gratulerer/Nice one; A2 is basically free to drive around in. Also has some extras I see, including the OSS that is nice.

Gratulerer/Nice one; A2 is basically free to drive around in. Also has some extras I see, including the OSS that is nice.

Yes, some extras as well; Open Sky (still works!), AC and 6-disc CD-changer. Also has the rear seat cupholder. But I think that's about it.
Where are you located?

Yes, some extras as well; Open Sky (still works!), AC and 6-disc CD-changer. Also has the rear seat cupholder. But I think that's about it.
Where are you located?

Very nice! Also noticed headlight flusher and foglights. Have a spare disc changer if you need one. Also have new injectors to AUA lying around and other bits and pieces.

I am south of Kristiansand.

Well, have been making some progress..
IMG_5230.jpeg

Interior removed, cleaned and refitted.
IMG_4473.jpeg

IMG_5231.jpeg

Engine/gearbox out for timing belt/water pump, gaskets, thermostat housing ++ Just needs new clutch and gear oil to finish.

A set of A3 pepperpots ready to go on, just needs a smaller tyre.
IMG_5251.jpeg

Well, have been making some progress..
View attachment 114196
Interior removed, cleaned and refitted.
View attachment 114199
View attachment 114197
Engine/gearbox out for timing belt/water pump, gaskets, thermostat housing ++ Just needs new clutch and gear oil to finish.

A set of A3 pepperpots ready to go on, just needs a smaller tyre.
View attachment 114195
Excellent work and I see it also has heated seats with the electric lumbar support, the spec list just keeps getting better! ๐Ÿ‘

Very nice. Well done for rescuing it. Is it silver or Crystal Blue? I have a Crystal Blue with the same seats but carpets and interior panels are black. I really like the beige interiors. In the UK light coloured A2 always seem to have dark interiors and the light interiors dark exteriors (I'm thinking later models especially). Good luck with the restoration.

Very nice. Well done for rescuing it. Is it silver or Crystal Blue? I have a Crystal Blue with the same seats but carpets and interior panels are black. I really like the beige interiors. In the UK light coloured A2 always seem to have dark interiors and the light interiors dark exteriors (I'm thinking later models especially). Good luck with the restoration.
Itโ€™s silver. I agree, most light coloured cars have dark interiรธrs and vice versa. I quite like the silver/beige combination myself.

What a bargain ๐Ÿ‘ Gratulerer!! Impressive job you have done.
A bit late to come with this now when the carpets are back in, but it is adviceable to re-do the chassis earth connections when you have the possibility.
Also the LH side front door-to-chassis loom connector is good to take a close look at. Of my 9 A2s 7 have had heavy corrosion in the connector.
I have only had one AUA and cannot contribute with much (as you can guess from my nick....)
My location is the coast of Telemark, if you need to borrow parts or tools. Unlimited VCDS is also available.

Keep up the good work ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Back