Illuminated Air-Vent Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rspecial

Hi all,

well my A4 has finally arrived so we are now a 2 Audi family :D. After driving the A2 for the last 2 months its actually all strangely familiar in the A4 - I guess that shows how good the A2 is for the money.

One thing I have noticed on the A4 is that the 4 heater vent dial controls across the dash are illuminated which they are not in the A2. So quick question - is this normal or is there a missing connection on our A2 ?

- Alex

A2 1.6 FSI SE

There must be something wrong with your controls maybe?, I have ECC and my buttons light up as well as the vent open and closing wheel, i am not sure if people with normal AC lights up though.

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

1.4TDiSE 2002, Biege interior, Brilliant Black, Concert II.

Hi Alex,

I'm with you. Mine dont light up either!!

Kaine

A2 1.4Tdi SE | black | red leather | Concert | Open Sky | A2OC Stickers x2

Ditto that last comment

2002 1.6 FSI Azure Blue DIS Blue Interior

Thumb wheel adjusters on A2 have never lit up.
THAT is a BIG FLASH CAR TRICK

icon_smile_cool.gif

FACtOR. You must be special. :)

Just so we are clear illuminate means ,when u got the headlights on the buttons glow red, and are controllable via the dimmer switch near the headlights switch, that is what u guys mean isnt it?, surely u dont mean illuminate without switching on the headlights first do you?

1.4SE petrol 2001, Dark interior, Sat cloth, Brilliant Silver, 3 spoke Steering wheel, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 stereo, Panasonic 8CD changer, 10 speakers (2 extra 13" 190 watt each.)

Hi FACtOR,

With lights on of course, however in my A2, the wheels have no ilumination. In fact there is no illumination around the outlet vents at all. (P.S. I checked last night when dark)

Kaine

Odd?, mine has illumination on the wheel and on the buttons for the ECC, possibly a fuse blown? because i know it is supose to light up, it does so on both my A2's. its even visible during day light.

Air volume adjuster wheels appear NOT to be illuminated.
What Year are yours? is this a FACtOR?
Sorry couldn't resist it.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Thanks for all the replies - it looks like my A2 is normal. Its strange that they are not illuminated - on the A4 it looks really nice at night and the design of the dial means that the amount of illumination is proportional to the air flow setting.

- Alex

A2 1.6 FSI SE

take a look at the bottom of this page , http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk5.htm his vents light up so its not normal for it not to light, however i dont see his adjusting wheels light up because mine do, also, did u know that the ashtray has an illumination inside it too, for when u open it, mine has a red glow when u open it, both my cars have this.

I remembered this photo and had a look at it this morning and it doesn't appear to show illuminated vents or wheels. What vents are you referring to, FACtOR?

Cheers,

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 A2 1.6FSI SE with OpenSky, ECC, DIS, Isofix, ERW, Symphony II, Space-Floor-Box, Winter Pack and Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy... Jan 2003 :(

No illuminated vent wheels in that picture, Factor. My A6 HAS got illuminated vent wheels and the baby Audi has'nt. Pity really because they look really nice at night.

I think there has been some confusion between heater controls and vent wheels (the bits above the radio and to the extreme ends of the dashboard.

Heater controls have lights, vent wheels don't.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Hi FACtOR,

Check your car again. Are you mistaken?

Kaine

P.S. There aint no illumination on the
quote: vent open and closing wheel
in that photo

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

:D I made a mistake, the vent wheels do not illuminate, it just seemed to cos the reading lights were on [:p].

I usually drive with a miners light on my head and a canary on the back seat........

Don't ask me what it has to do with dashboard illumination, but the miners light sure does light it up........

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

:):)

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back