I'm hoping somebody out there can help me. My 1.6 is off the road because a small hose has sprung a leak and I need a replacement.

P Randall

I'm hoping somebody out there can help me. My 1.6 is off the road because a small hose has sprung a leak and I need a replacement.
It is connected to the coolant chamber, about 7 inches long with different sized diameter ends and quite a sharply angled bend in it.
Apparently the other end attaches to the heater matrix and something else.
Here's a photo.
I'd be very grateful to know A. what it is called, and B. where I can get one.
Thanks in advance, Pamela
BrokenHose.jpg

If none of our ethical breakers can help you Pamela do you know of anywhere local that can "make" one. There are companies up and down the country that manufacture replacements. Some are mail order...if you send your old one to them they will be able to copy it and return. Try googling "replacement car water hoses" near you or something to that effect.

This company is local to me and make silicone/rubber replacements.......

Last edited:
If none of our ethical breakers can help you Pamela do you know of anywhere local that can "make" one. There are companies up and down the country that manufacture replacements. Some are mail order...if you send your old one to them they will be able to copy it and return. Try googling "replacement car water hoses" near you or something to that effect.

Thank you for your help Dave. You mention your ethical breakers, but can you tell me how I find them. Would they find me from this thread?

Thank you for your help Dave. You mention your ethical breakers, but can you tell me how I find them. Would they find me from this thread?
@A2Steve , @Clackers , @Ami

they should now.

Does the hose have a number printed on it - usually in off-grey text, with a number looking like 8Z0 123 456 or 6Q0 123 456 on it? That is the part number if you can find it and makes identifying a replacement much easier.

they should now.

Does the hose have a number printed on it - usually in off-grey text, with a number looking like 8Z0 123 456 or 6Q0 123 456 on it? That is the part number if you can find it and makes identifying a replacement much easier.
Thank you Robin.
I suspect it doesn't, but I will find out and add it to this conversation if it does.

they should now.

@ICowie and I believe @sciroccorrado also both have a good parts stash from various projects, rescues and end-of-life donor cars over the years.

Pamela, take a picture of the general area around the leaky hose, with a pointer, (finger, pencil, or similar), so we can see the part you want, and you'll be OK.
Welcome to the A2 Owners Club, and it's worth upgrading your account, for the princely sum of £2 by PayPal, to give you access to the club market place, where you can post a wanted ad, and likely get a good response.
The 1.6, or FSI, as it's generally known, is the jewel in the A2 crown, so needs to be back on the road asap🤞.
Mac.

I currently have a 1.6FSI being broken up due to water pump failure... If we can identify whereabouts the part came from within the engine bay then I'll take a look and see if I can get it for you.
Hello,

Have a look at this diagram - is it one of parts 26 / 27? To get the part number, mouse over the link or open the page ; it should either appear on screen as the link, or else if you go to the page it will be part of the URL. Begins with 8Z0 if so.
Yes, you are right. I think it is most likely the part listed ed at 27, but I am having difficulty following your instructions to get the actual part number.
I am not getting anything with the mouse and I have opened a page but the URL does not contain the 8ZO or the 51 at the end

Pamela, take a picture of the general area around the leaky hose, with a pointer, (finger, pencil, or similar), so we can see the part you want, and you'll be OK.
Welcome to the A2 Owners Club, and it's worth upgrading your account, for the princely sum of £2 by PayPal, to give you access to the club market place, where you can post a wanted ad, and likely get a good response.
The 1.6, or FSI, as it's generally known, is the jewel in the A2 crown, so needs to be back on the road asap🤞.
Mac.
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 16.34.52.png
Thanks, and I'd certainly be glad to be back on the road.
The part I need is marked 27 on this diagram, but I cannot seem to get its part number.
I'm very happy to send the £2 but do I need an email address to send it to?

Mac.

Attachments

• Audi diagram.jpg
    Audi diagram.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 21
View attachment 119962Thanks, and I'd certainly be glad to be back on the road.
The part I need is marked 27 on this diagram, but I cannot seem to get its part number.
I'm very happy to send the £2 but do I need an email address to send it to?
To upgrade, click on your avatar, then my account, then account details, then upgrades, you do the PayPal from there.
Mac.

Back