Interior colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

So we now have an 'exterior colour' post on the other board, so how about interior colours-what do we love and hate?.

I have black/black.

But I did see blue/black......not that nice really!.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

Black looks nice. But is very sensitive to dust and spots. The handle on the inside of the door has to be cleaned every two weeks. After using it there appears a big spot on the handle.
It's easy to clean. But I say again, it looks very nice !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Dennis-I know what you mean, my black interior door trim does show finger prints very easily-must be something to do with the grease. Trouble is, as the trim is heavily pitted in design you have to give it a good wash to get it clean. I may try a proper cleaner next time rather than plain water.

Runboy,

At first I was worried that the paint was coming off, and I had the dealer look at it. They used a special cleaner that cleaned it in seconds. I'm planning to buy that cleaner soon.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Dennis

If you do buy it, let us have the name of the product as I may want some from my dealer!.

Thanks.

Love : Red leather interior is superb. I was a bit concerned when ordering it, as AUDI UK couldn't show me any images of how it would look, however finally very glad I had the courage.

Hate : Not much. I like the interior styling of the A2, and didn't really dislike any interior. No, maybe the mustard yellow leather could be a bit iffy, however not actually seen any pictures.

Kaine

Red leather is (surprisingly!) good but ONLY if you have black on the outside. It might work with red on the outside (bit overwhelming perhaps) but certainly no other exterior.

All the leather alternatives are good but you have to match them up to the exterior.

Jon

How do find the 'backside' handling of the leather trim?. Does it hold you, or do you have to hold it going round corners?

quote: How do find the 'backside' handling of the leather trim?. Does it hold you, or do you have to hold it going round corners?

Holds well. Did find the seats a little hard, however soon got used to it.

Kaine

I find my black interior cleans easily if I use a microfibre cloth, a little damp. They are sold for damp dusting.

I like my black interior but parts of it get marked SO easily.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

chivers-as I mentioned early in the threads, my black interior seems to pick up 'finger marks'. Your hands can be clean, but somehow by touching the door trim a white mark will appear. Either it is the grease on your hands, or the marks attract dust. Strange, and due to the pitted effect of the trim it is a devil to clean. I will investigate a toothbrush and clening product to see if that works/protects!.

I like the black interior best - all the used A2's I looked at doad tan colour - didn't really like it, and I thought it would look worse when dirty than the black.

I find that the rough surface on the door trims marks with skin rubbed off my arm if I'm wearing s ahort sleeved shirt. It's a pain to keep clean, so I'll be interested if anyone comes up with a cleaner that works.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

quote:Originally posted by martinw
[br]I like the black interior best - all the used A2's I looked at doad tan colour - didn't really like it, and I thought it would look worse when dirty than the black.

I find that the rough surface on the door trims marks with skin rubbed off my arm if I'm wearing s ahort sleeved shirt. It's a pain to keep clean, so I'll be interested if anyone comes up with a cleaner that works.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

My Audi dealer has one. I'm planning on buying it in the near future.
I once thought that the paint was coming off on that spot, they used the cleaner, et voila, the spot was gone. For a couple of days....

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back