Leather interieur

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

staen

Hi there,

is there anyone on this site with leather-interieur in his A2?
I have normal sport-seats in my car and think about getting leather inside.
I´d like to see some photos, especially of grey leather.
Is the leather getting to hot in combination with Open-Sky-System?

Thanks for answering,
Wolfgang

PS.: Sorry for the bad english - I´m a little bit out of training....:)

Hi Wolfgang,

Have a look at the UK Owners Gallery Page 12. The A2 shown there had leather added after it was purchased. I'm not sure that the owner is a forum user though. But I'm sure there are lots of other owners that could comment on if the leather gets hot with the open sky roof...

Regards,

Stuart.

2001 TDI SE, Open Sky System, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
A2 Owners Club: www.Audi-A2.co.uk

Hi
I have grey leather interior and sports seats. It, they are superb. no complaints at all. I have not found them too hot in continental summers nor too cold in Uk winters despite not specifying heated seats. tHEY warm up just fine

icon_smile_cool.gif

Wolfgang,

I had pale grey leather seats in my A2, and I can say that after 12 months they still looked brand new. For certain the leather will get hot with the roof open – but not if its snowing. What must be said is that extensive sunlight is good at bleaching the colour out of leather, but perhaps the worst problem is heat drying the leather out, which will then make it crack quite quickly. Best bet is to apply a leather conditioner to the seats at least once a month during the summer period.

If you would like a photograph send me your email address and I will try to sort out a snap.

Sorry for my bad German.

Regards
John Disdale
[email protected]

as stuart mentioned I have a 2 tone leather interior in my A2, see page 12 of uk owners gallery. Havn't really noticed it being any hotter in the summer maybe because I live in Scotland and we never really get one). It was expensive but worth it I reckon.

Was out shopping one day and when I came back there was four people looking into my car, at first I thought they were planning on stealing it :) but when I walked over they said they were admiring the car and the leather interior.

Wolfgang,

mine has beige leather heated sports seats, they're very comfortable and heat up quickly, which is nice on cold mornings.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

whats the beige interior like for keepeing clean? I was planning on having it but thought it would be difficlut to keep clean

Mal,

If I understand the situation correctly you had the leather interior installed after purchasing the car. Did you organise this through your Audi dealer, or was it via an upholstery contractor ?

Names and cost details would be helpful to others.

Regarding colour of leather I like beige a lot, but having seen numerous VW fitted out like this it really does seem as though it is very easy to establish a grubby appearance. For sure beige leather looks very nice with countless body colours. Indeed Rob’s new car (which reminds me of the old Aston Martin Martini Rosso colour) would look stunning.

Regards
John Disdale

Thanks JD, I would dearly love to get the interior done out in leather but as I own a Fiat with an interior falling apart, that gets priority at this moment in time.:(

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Hi Wolfgang,

My A2 has dark grey, half leather / alcantara seats, (PAGE 11 UK owners).

My previous car had full leather interior - the only problem I had with it was in cold weather you initially got a cold bum and in the summer a damp back. The alcantara is even worse in the summer but seems warmer in the cold.
As for the Open-Sky-System, the glass is well tinted, plus it has a mesh screen that can be slid across. These both should protect a leather interior from damage from direct sun light.

Hope this helps

Harvey.

TDI SE AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE

John

Yes I had the leather put in 2 months after I got the car, it was all organized through the audi garage,choose your colour(s),get a writen quote, drop the car off and collect your courtesy car. It takes approx 4-5 working days (although mine took longer because the guy putting it in cut the hole for the drivers side airbag at the wrong side:)) The quality is excellent, and so far no problems. I don't have the name of the company as the audi garage never told me it.

Mine cost £1050 inc vat

Logos can be stiched into the seat as well.

Mal,

I've not had the car long enough to tell how clean the beige leather stays... but I had it on a Saab a few years ago and it stayed in excellent condition - I guess it depends how messy you are!

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

Well I think the cost was very reasonable, especially when at the end of the day it was no different than the Audi factory option where they are churning them out by the hundreds.

Just ordered the red leather in a dolphin grey 1.6 SE. I think the leather looks and feels much better than the standard seats (but I would - wouldn't I!) and her indoors just had to have it after spending an afternoon driving around in the demonstrator. As for keeping it clean - I think my car-snacking days are over which might just be good for the figure too.

Shall let you know what my impressions are ASAP

Take care

Kit

Soon to be the owner of a Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD! Can't wait to tell everyone about the faults!

Hello @ all!
Thanks for your answers! I just had a little lockin-problem, so I couldn´t reach the forum........

I already saw the pictures in the galery, but I want to see some special thinks: how the doorpanels, the backsides of the frontseats etc. are done.........

@john: I´ll send you an e-mail, thanks!
Great forum, so much response.......

I can get the leather-interieur for 1.200Euros + costs for heated seats, I think that´s quiet cheap, isn´t it? But it´s not done by Audi.......

@kit: Red leather is top! Great choice!

By the way - for leather-care of my BMW I´m using swizoil-products. Does anybody know them? I love them........

Greetings,
Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

Yes a few of us have heard of the “Swiziol” range – but many products are extremely expensive, however often you only get what you pay for.

On my A2 and current Golf I make use of VW’s own leather cream product, which for the record was available also via my Audi dealer. As with so many products its difficult to assess just how good or how bad a job they are doing, but I think as long as you use something on the leather every few months then the effort will be 100 times better than doing nothing.

Regards
John Disdale

Hello John,
you are surely right about the swizoil-products - they are really expensive. But on my previous BMW E36 the result was just fantastic! I think it´s a question of the cars´ age - the older it is, the greater the differnce in results will be.
On my A2 I use the swizoil-products, too, and ´til now you don´t see the real difference to different products - but in a few years, I belive it to be obvious.
Before I used Sonax, and the difference in the results is a fact.
But doing nothing or something isn´t the real question!
Yours,
Wolfgang

2001 A2 1.4 TDI/black/open sky,sport seats, cruise controll,16" alloys, radio symphony+bose +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back