LED Front Signals Flashing Double Time 😭

Hi all, recently replaced my Front Signal bulbs to LED as I really find the normal bulbs wayyy too dim.

Problem: I have seen cyclists and other motorists’ seemingly delayed reactions both in the day and night when I’ve signalled in the past with normal bulbs.

Solution I tried: So I bought LED canbus signal light bulbs and popped them in and they now flash so fast, I look like I’m in a terrible hurry 🤣. Although, I do love how bright they are even in the day!

If anyone can recommend an LED Signal light bulb they’ve used that doesn’t Flash doubly fast, I’d be most grateful! ( I was under the impression that canbus LED bulbs wouldn’t flash double time tho 🤔)

I have tested this with 2 different LED canbus signal light bulbs and they both flash double time unfortunately. ( I have the smaller DIS so I’m not concerned about any error lights popping up.)

OR if you know of really bright normal signal light bulbs do let me know! Thanks in advance! 🙏🏼

Last edited:
I believe that if you want LED bulbs, you can only install them with resistors. Unless you fiddle with the electronics, like in the modification above, you are going to get hyper flashing.

I purchased the above from AutoBulbsDirect for my 1.4 TDI and there is no hyper/double flash (they're anti hyper - flash) and they look very smart and are VERY bright !!

Hope this helps!

I have seen cyclists and other motorists’ seemingly delayed reactions both in the day and night when I’ve signalled in the past with normal bulbs.
What's the reason for that? Perhaps the bulb was on it's way out? I don't get it why change to led, I know others done it too, apart from design? The normal indicator is bright and visible, not one of those tiny blinkers either, so I'm wondering what are the benefits changing it. Thanks

I want to change rear indicator/turn bulbs to LED. I don't want to modify the flasher relay module, and I don't want to use the no-name LED bulbs. So I guess, the best option is to use resistors in parallel. But there's a problem - I can't find correct wires :/ Does anyone have rear light wirining harness diagram?

I want to change rear indicator/turn bulbs to LED. I don't want to modify the flasher relay module, and I don't want to use the no-name LED bulbs. So I guess, the best option is to use resistors in parallel. But there's a problem - I can't find correct wires :/ Does anyone have rear light wirining harness diagram?
The indicator lamp has two wires going to it. The resistor needs to be between those two wires, across the bulb. That increases the current drawn, and so feels like a normal bulb to the controller.
You may be able to solder the resistor to the metal tracks that the lamp is mounted to.
The relay mod is much better though, because as well as brighter than lights, you reduce the power drawn too. Have a think if anyone you know could help you. You'd learn something new too.
Mac.

Fitting resistors will disable the bulb failure warning. The resistors also get very hot, so be careful where you fit them, especially in the front headlight cluster. Any wires close to the resistors may suffer melted insulation, (or worse).
Mac.

There may be a better fix for this than using ballast resistors at the lamps. There is another thread on this forum about repairing the flasher unit, which helpfully reveals that the flasher unit contains the Atmel U6043B Automotive Flasher IC. That thread can be seen here:

Flasher unit DIY repair (part 8Z0 941 509 B)

Whilst I need to get hold of a flasher unit to examine and test, the Atmel U6043B Automotive Flasher IC is used in lots of other flashers, including many Nissan vehicles. In the past I have modified plenty these by changing the value of the shunt resistor, which is the component that informs the flasher IC of the load. This can be changed to a different (larger) value, as long as it is used with a specific LED indicator bulb that consumes a known current.

The bulbs I have used before are these:

PY21W Canbus Amber Bulb

All I need to do is to recalculate the value of the shunt resistor, and then test it in a flasher. This solution works perfectly in Nissans anyway.

Although I have tried the ABD anit-hyperflash bulbs which work perfectly, I found them to be retina-scorchingly bright and hence rather unfair to anyone sat behind me in traffic. They can be used in the front indicator positions, because the bulb is angled inside the headlamp unit.

Once I've got my grubby mitts on a victim flasher unit, I'll update this with the shunt resistor value and how to do it...

Hi all, recently replaced my Front Signal bulbs to LED as I really find the normal bulbs wayyy too dim.

Problem: I have seen cyclists and other motorists’ seemingly delayed reactions both in the day and night when I’ve signalled in the past with normal bulbs.

Solution I tried: So I bought LED canbus signal light bulbs and popped them in and they now flash so fast, I look like I’m in a terrible hurry . Although, I do love how bright they are even in the day!

If anyone can recommend an LED Signal light bulb they’ve used that doesn’t Flash doubly fast, I’d be most grateful! ( I was under the impression that canbus LED bulbs wouldn’t flash double time tho )

I have tested this with 2 different LED canbus signal light bulbs and they both flash double time unfortunately. ( I have the smaller DIS so I’m not concerned about any error lights popping up.)

OR if you know of really bright normal signal light bulbs do let me know! Thanks in advance!
Did you resolve this issue? I may have a modified flasher relay for use with LED bulbs spare.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have also been through much heartache to find vibrant orange led bulbs. Many out there are dim or a wishy washy colour.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I purchased the above from AutoBulbsDirect for my 1.4 TDI and there is no hyper/double flash (they're anti hyper - flash) and they look very smart and are VERY bright !!

Hope this helps!
Hi all,

Does anyone have a list of A2 bulb fitments?

I’m aware from this thread that front indicators are 581 fitment. I know dipped beam is H7 but my knowledge ends there.

Is anyone able to enlighten me with the full list?

Hi all,

Does anyone have a list of A2 bulb fitments?

I’m aware from this thread that front indicators are 581 fitment. I know dipped beam is H7 but my knowledge ends there.

Is anyone able to enlighten me with the full list?

Back