Logistics info required.

Menno

A2OC Donor
A question about international shipping costs.
I am aware that size and weight is important to determine shipping costs.
For instance; I shipped 4 rims to the UK, 30kg divided in 2ea packages and cost was €80-€100 total, including track and trace and receiving verification.

What I would like to know is what a set of A2 sportseats including backseat would weigh/cost to ship from the UK to the Netherlands, Rotterdam area.
Maybe there is a forum member who is working in logistics and can say something about it.

The thing is that A2 sportseats are hard to find over here. Most advertised in Holland are SE seats, which I allready have......

Cheers, Menno.

If anyone can help with this I can do any packaging that is needed but I would not know where to start in finding someone to ship they are bulky ..Menno I consider a friend as he organised my wheels ..so I would like to reciprocate and help here ..Paul

Can't the German A2 club help with a set probably easier than trying to get them out of the UK now Brexit is happening......…..I know you would have less paperwork to comply with from Jan 31st 2020

A question about international shipping costs.
I am aware that size and weight is important to determine shipping costs.
For instance; I shipped 4 rims to the UK, 30kg divided in 2ea packages and cost was €80-€100 total, including track and trace and receiving verification.

What I would like to know is what a set of A2 sportseats including backseat would weigh/cost to ship from the UK to the Netherlands, Rotterdam area.
Maybe there is a forum member who is working in logistics and can say something about it.

The thing is that A2 sportseats are hard to find over here. Most advertised in Holland are SE seats, which I allready have......

Cheers, Menno.
Where in the UK do they need collecting from? I know a great fella that does continental deliverys hes based in Yorkshire and also has a place in Northern Ireland, has a sprinter van and is very professional!

Where in the UK do they need collecting from? I know a great fella that does continental deliverys hes based in Yorkshire and also has a place in Northern Ireland, has a sprinter van and is very professional!

Good question! Will ask the seller, to be continued.

Cheers, Menno.

Can't the German A2 club help with a set probably easier than trying to get them out of the UK now Brexit is happening......…..I know you would have less paperwork to comply with from Jan 31st 2020

Don't know, don't speak German and you lot seem more open to suggestions....

? Didn't spoke to the seller yet, but I'm guessing it's in Nottinghamshire (County?) if I look at the bin which is next to the seats on the advertised picture......

20181217_102818.jpg

? Didn't spoke to the seller yet, but I'm guessing it's in Nottinghamshire (County?) if I look at the bin which is next to the seats on the advertised picture......
Yorkshire's a large county but Nottinghamshire is one of its neighbours ...

Edit: Ah. Just seen the van photo. North Yorks to south Notts for example could be a bit of a trek.

Chris Elliot Transport should you wish to contact him, i nicer fella you could not meet however hes a bit of a chatterbox lol.
Thats his old van (was immaculate) has a 2019 one now.

your issue right now will be that the services are pretty overloaded due to Christmas. However, UK to NL isn't a long trip, but I would not be surprised to see a price of €200+ on this due to the size. My current job involves lots of logistics and the one thing I can say about pricing is that it's rarely what you would expect it to be.

I suspect a set of sports seats from the Germans would be rather more expensive than the UK ones. Not sure that there's no differences anywhere on them, mind.

- Bret

your issue right now will be that the services are pretty overloaded due to Christmas. However, UK to NL isn't a long trip, but I would not be surprised to see a price of €200+ on this due to the size. My current job involves lots of logistics and the one thing I can say about pricing is that it's rarely what you would expect it to be.

I suspect a set of sports seats from the Germans would be rather more expensive than the UK ones. Not sure that there's no differences anywhere on them, mind.

- Bret

Thanks. About X-mass overload: I'm not in a rush, next year is fine.

I'm aware that prices are high for transport, especially the large and heavy parcels.
To my surprise 4 rims shipping to the UK wasn't overly expensive, but then again it fell into the maximum allowed package and weight dimensions.
Hence, thinking about buying a sportseat set from the UK.

Good thinking about if the seats differ from the L/H drive vehicles, Supose they don't, but willing to know about it.
Advantage woul'd be that the drivers seat is in better condition if you swap 'm from UK to the rest of European cars........., shame for the passenger, but hey, I'm not sitting on that one anyway.....:p

Maybe it's better to go east, to the Germans.
But as allready said: my English is not that good, but the German language is complete know nothing about...... Unless there is an online breaker shop where you just click on the product of likes. If you have sugestions I'm happy to receive them!

Dear members,

The seats are located in Worksop.
The problems I encounter if I'm looking for transport pricing on the net, it wil give me prices to UK. For a pallet with stuff is the lowest price I found around €75,-.

If somebody could find a list from the UK, to Holland, then that would be nice.
Maybe some of you would know the weight of a set of seats?
I think it would be best to put them on a wooden pallet, and wrap 'm with stretch foil or such.

Cheers, Menno.

Dear members,

The seats are located in Worksop.
The problems I encounter if I'm looking for transport pricing on the net, it wil give me prices to UK. For a pallet with stuff is the lowest price I found around €75,-.

If somebody could find a list from the UK, to Holland, then that would be nice.
Maybe some of you would know the weight of a set of seats?
I think it would be best to put them on a wooden pallet, and wrap 'm with stretch foil or such.

Cheers, Menno.

Just a thought, you could ask A2Steve one of the forums parts men, he normally has seats so might be able to help with the weight.

Back