Looking for anyone close to Nottingham to have a look at a car

gangitano85

A2OC Donor
Belgium
Good morning,

I have been looking for an automatic LHD car for a while and one came up in Nottingham. We live quite far away and I was wondering whether someone local looking for a fun activity would like to go and have look and give us an impression. It's a 2004 Touran TDI with DSG box.

Many thanks in advance

Thomas

Good morning,

I have been looking for an automatic LHD car for a while and one came up in Nottingham. We live quite far away and I was wondering whether someone local looking for a fun activity would like to go and have look and give us an impression. It's a 2004 Touran TDI with DSG box.

Many thanks in advance

Thomas
Morning Thomas

Nottingham is 20-30 minutes from me and I’d be more than happy to help out if you considered me of any use.

I’m not that familiar with the Touran and certainly not that mechanically minded.

As you’re considering the Touran I guess you have already done some research to understand any weak points or specific areas to inspect. If you can compile your findings into a PM then I’d be happy to work through your list and give an honest appraisal. Could also plug the laptop in to get check for any faults.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for the offer. This is the ad

I'll do a bit of research on the Touran I and the 2.0 TDI engine and the early DSG. High mileage but one owner from new and full service history. Interior does not look great but not too bothered about that as long as it all still works. A VCDS scan would be useful indeed.

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for the offer. This is the ad

I'll do a bit of research on the Touran I and the 2.0 TDI engine and the early DSG. High mileage but one owner from new and full service history. Interior does not look great but not too bothered about that as long as it all still works. A VCDS scan would be useful indeed.
Doesn’t @dj_efk run one of these?

Doesn’t @dj_efk run one of these?
David @dj_efk,

From a possible owners perspective, is there anything you might be able to point at which should be checked that’s specific to this make/model. Im sure anything you can highlight for checking would be greatly appreciated by Thomas.

The vehicle in question is only 30 minutes away and actually heading to the Notts Christmas Market tomorrow for some festive food and elevated ice skating. I’ll contact the selling outfit later to see if a Sunday viewing is an option.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello again,

I think the DMF on these is a weak point, and the DSG needs to have been serviced on a regular basis. But I'll do some more research :)

Engine should be the BKD, overall good but weak turbo and "porous head issue" - the latter could have been fixed under warranty (but should be attested in the service handbook).

I reckon that's a very good reason for leaving it out. You want something sensible to use, doesn't need to be a project. You don't buy a fridge with a view to a massive restoration, do you?

Not wishing to sound flip, this does have the whiff of being a nasty thing, unless you can absolutely nick it. With the list mentioned, you can bet that the gearbox won't have had the requisite care and maintenance. That's one point among many others.

If the vendor would be prepared to take it to somebody like WOM for a full inspection, then.............. If it's a dealership, pretty sure they'll know what it's like.

I'd love to be wrong.

Best of luck

Back