Lower front bumper crack. Sadness.

Long story short, I reversed out of a parking spot today and didn't realise the bottom of the front bumper had ridden over the curb ion front. Before I knew it there was a resistance then a crack before I could stop and check.
Turnes out I cracked the black section below the fog lamp on the drivers side (pic attached).

Any wisdom on what will need fixing to repair? If it's the whole front bumper I might just drill holes and cable tie it for now.
Ulitmately want to fix it properly though.

IMG_2645.jpeg

Hi - the black part at the bottom of the front bumper unfortunately is not a separate item so it’s a bumper change to repair properly

That's exactly what my daily Crystal blue TDI had when I first got it. I ended up doing a bumper swap. I think you might be OK, but check you still have the outer end of the undertray in front of the wheel also. The bumper swap's not too bad a job, you have to learn how to deal with plastic spread-rivet fasteners in the wheel arch liners and the top of the bumper shell, and which of the bolts in the front wheel arches are bumper-related. But the only other things you have to do is get the front wheels off and the headlights out, you can leave the wheel arch liners in if you just get the front & top fasteners off (although it's easier if you do take out the liners).

Same here, but with the Votex Spoiler on Jelly. I cur a steel plate to fit from the underside of the spoiler to the standard undertray. Worst case is the front will lift but not snag, I hope!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Back