Lower plastic sill cover

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
How does the lower plastic sill cover away from the car? There is a localish breaker and I think it has better coves than mine.
This is the bit I mean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
Does this parts diagram help you Simon?

and the manual page...

My understanding is that the cover trims first need to be removed and that 99% of the time the lugs on them break. No problem on the breaker but it is on your own car.

I plan to replace mine and I will try to remove the cover trims by gently heating them up and sliding a thin metal scraper under them to try to release the lugs. That's the theory! But just in case I have bought the 4 trims from AT - I think they cost me about £70 in total.

Do feed back how you get on.

My understanding is that the cover trims first need to be removed and that 99% of the time the lugs on them break. No problem on the breaker but it is on your own car.

I plan to replace mine and I will try to remove the cover trims by gently heating them up and sliding a thin metal scraper under them to try to release the lugs. That's the theory! But just in case I have bought the 4 trims from AT - I think they cost me about £70 in total.

Do feed back how you get on.
Can't find the trims where I live. Am you point to an online link? Thanls

That was a good price. Very difficult to find a car that does not have some cosmetic damage to them - suspect garages have a lot to answer for,

@Amazze Fail to see your point. There is nothing stopping you from buying from Audi Tradition.
Was refering to live and buy spare parts in Uk its way more inexpensive compared to other parts of Europe except Germany!!! Audi parts as some expensive parts also, but like the variety they show and the website! Some years ago they were forcing us to change car and get rid of the old ones to scrap , and also forbiden scaps to store parts in some cases except if they were catalog with no oil and so on so on... these days all the parts i see in web either come from France , UK or Germany, and many here are importing cars for parts becaise its an good business to maintain and explore

So not so good news the on going project its going slow due to work and all the spare time i have im investing into it.
Already bougth all the front frame that was shatter , took the motor off and found out funny bits ... inclusise an bottle of watter , a bit messy but we gwtting there...

Need to find the pipe of watter that comes from the back to the front and the pipe to fill the oil and an watter tank, all but off audi cause its seems they are stealing money :)

Attachments

• IMG-20230918-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0000.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20230918-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0001.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20230918-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0002.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20230918-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0003.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-20230918-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0004.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20230918-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0005.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20230918-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230918-WA0006.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 55
So not so good news the on going project its going slow due to work and all the spare time i have im investing into it.
Already bougth all the front frame that was shatter , took the motor off and found out funny bits ... inclusise an bottle of watter , a bit messy but we gwtting there...

Need to find the pipe of watter that comes from the back to the front and the pipe to fill the oil and an watter tank, all but off audi cause its seems they are stealing money :)
Is your car 1.4petol or Tdi, I have most pipes for petrol & some for diesel ?

Is your car 1.4petol or Tdi, I have most pipes for petrol & some for diesel ?
Its 1.4 Petrol. Im not lving in UK but its all an matter of talking cause there are a lot of stuff i need and the prices are High and pieces hard to find... Sometimes just want to or buy one better or abandoned this one !

Its 1.4 Petrol. Im not lving in UK but its all an matter of talking cause there are a lot of stuff i need and the prices are High and pieces hard to find... Sometimes just want to or buy one better or abandoned this one !
I have all the pipes for 1.4 petrol available in my warehouse.
pm me for what you need, I will give you price/delivery cost.

Back