Maximum thickness for spacers, 16 inch SE wheels?

TFG

A2OC Donor
I'm surprised this question hasn't been asked before, but I can't find any previous thread that does so:

For the standard 16" SE 6 spoke alloys with the recommended tyre size fitted, standard bodywork and standard suspension, what is the maximum thickness of spacer that can be fitted without the tyres fouling? Is it the same thickness for front and rear?

Some have done 15 front and 20 rear. I tried 20 front on an et 34 15INCH FORGED ALLOYS and it was too much, I.e just came out the arch in too many place for me.. May help may not lol 😅

Last edited:
15mm is as thin as you can go if you want spacers with the hubcentric spigot in unit with the spacer itself. For 10mm spacers, you have to fit a separate knock-in extender for the spigot.

15mm is as thin as you can go if you want spacers with the hubcentric spigot in unit with the spacer itself. For 10mm spacers, you have to fit a separate knock-in extender for the spigot.

You can get 10mm wheel spacers with built-in spigots, as shown in the example below. However, I'm not a fan of wheel spacers as I prefer to use rims that have the offset that I want.

Eibach S90-2-10-034
1704845326336.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TFG
I also am surprised someone is asking about spacers and the standard wheels / suspension. WHY?

Back